What's the best method for flowering cannabis?

Plus - if you really want to move plants between rooms, you could do E/F with the plants in pots. Use Cloth or net pots filled with hydroton sitting on a flood tray. Then its easy to move them from one room to another.

I also wonder why you really need to move plants between rooms. If you do the same lights in each room, just change the settings/timing as needed and never move a plant.

2 Likes

Lolol yes I agree partial reason is its very unattractive @anon32470837 and I just dont want to spend a bunch more money later upgrading cause I can pick with my stuff I want it to be just right and something bothers me out ya go. And the reason to move rooms is because in my veg tent which would be 4x8x7 it would have 2 HLG 550 V2 4000k LED and in the flower I want the 8x8x7 with 4 HLG 550 V2 3000k LED and the hempy thing again I feel like I’d do the same thing just throw a couple clones in later down the road just to see what it’s all about I just want to get established with a nice setup and not waste bunch of money buying different stuff.

1 Like

@LED_Seedz I was eyeing up the active air ebb earlier think I might grab a couple when time comes

Edit: Er idk maybe I should get the titans they come with 4 gallon buckets instead of 2 gallon like the active air? I’m thinking I’m going to veg for a month and flower for 2 months once things are up and running. Figure I’m gonna try and harvest 12 plants a month cycling 24 plants in flower at a time and 12 in veg.

I’ve been running perpetual for about a year and a half. This method has been dubbed “Simple Hydroponics” or “Capn Style”. All it is, is top feed over rockwool (RW) mini cubes. Normally the pot would be filled with cubes, but I ran short last month and needed to get her into bloom to stay on schedule. Because it’s RW, it retains a good amount of nutes while also draining well and holding a lot of air in the root zone. If I forget to turn a pump back on, I won’t see her sagging for about 2-3 days, and even then they always bounce right back as if it never happened. I too have a veg closet and two bloom rooms and take a pound off these Kush girls every month. Previously with Bubblelicious I was taking 20 ounces every month. Irregardless of which method you choose, I highly recommend using Beneficial Bacteria, even in R/DWC, especially in R/DWC as those systems are known to lack O2 in the water usually due to elevated temps. In my system, I don’t have to aerate or worry about nute temps as that’s not my source of O2. I also just recently switched to the COBs from 600 watt HID and I am IN LOVE. Much more trics, and they finish quicker for some reason. Maintaining PH is needed for every system to be successful.

If interested, Google search “Capn Syle” or “Simple Hydroponics”. There’s some literature on 420Mag forums and also Dude Grows.

1 Like

Shoot I was reading part 1 of the cap’n style, sounds really interesting really excited to read more into that tomorrow! And glad to hear led added more trich, I wonder if anybody here uses UVB bulbs in flowering? Solacure swears it’ll increase trich production. :thinking: