Whats the best way to get rid of fungus gnats?

A glass jar with some apple cider vinegar and drop of dish detergent, cover the top of the jar with tin foil and poke holes with a fork. Once they enter they never leave.

6 Likes

better than the ā€œstickyā€ trap, you say? :wink: now iā€™m out of gnats. dang.

:evergreen_tree:

ā€¦interesting:

ā€¦ iā€™d never thought of perlite as a ā€œmulchā€ indoors. it usually works itā€™s way up when i water to quick. i have thought to use a 2" bottom layer in a fabric-pot & see what happens.

1 Like

(i put the molasses in to create a bacteria population explosion)
that bacteria was hungry after a day or so and just raped the containers. it was weird to see so many dying gnats struggling. i knew they were infected when they couldnā€™t fly! muahaha :dagger:

1 Like

I hear an 1" or 2 of sand works great. Home Depot sells a 50 lbs bag (more than youā€™ll ever need) of Play Sand for about $4. Use the washed and screened play sand.

3 Likes

Want to be loved by everyone on Overgrow?

Adopt @fungusgnat as your user name. I would never leave you alone, :laughing:

3 Likes

Iā€™v done sand on the top with great success!

1 Like

My wifeā€™s been doing that for years. It works too!

Iā€™ve always watered my plants by lifting the pot to gauge the weight. So it would be important to note the additional weight of the sand if you happen to use the same primitive method.

2 Likes

Love the idea. But irie man. That name gnatty dread is quality :grin:

dreadgnat, itā€™s a new metal band :joy:

edit: lol i forgot its a local band, sry bad joke :smiley:

1 Like

Youā€™ve obviously never watched rastamouse LC :rofl:

And you perforated my eardrums with that shite this early

the biggest limitation with mosquito dunks/bits is how slowly they dissolve, this liquid solution might be more effective

3 Likes

i think the dunks are >designed< to dissolve slowly, the bitā€™s are just cork waste (so i read), impregnated, inoculated, whateveratedā€¦

iā€™m totally happy with the results. would make any genocidal maniac proud. :upside_down:

2 Likes

thats good then, i heard they dont work very well at all, at least not on their own, thatā€™s why i never bothered with them, i have used nematodes with great success though. i also heard an h2o2 solution will work good

3 Likes

The Aquabac looks cool, I wish someone would buy the jugs and break them up into pints for us. The liquid version of Gnatrol seemed to work better than powder.

1 Like

When i got gnats in soil last time, i had a real pest problem. I used dunks and bits, dunks in the water for feeding, bits on the surface of the soil, and then also BTI water combined with Azamax as foliar and sticky traps too. Tought little things huh!

Whenever i could i would spray them with potassium soap and they would burn! Itā€™s efective.

4 Likes

And it was a good thing you pointed it out. That way it can be united for more info on the subject so that means more prople will have it readily to access.

Hope itā€™s ok bro!?

2 Likes

Absolutely. Helps me understand how to be a Jedi Moderator some day. :nerd:

1 Like

After using the microbe lift 2 nights ago I have seen a major drop in the infestation. Iā€™m not associated at all with this company but damn my plants were prayinā€™ like Iā€™ve never seen before after using this stuff. Couldnā€™t be more pleased. Thinking about adding some when I make my compost teas.

3 Likes