Whats the best way to get rid of fungus gnats?

@Smokinsammy, i am using them dunks right now, i have yet to see a fungus knat, there was a little bug i showed a pic of, but i wasn’t sure what it was, anyway, i’m watering the plants with BTI as a precaution, not because i got pests…

2 Likes

If you have algae on your rockwool a flush with h202 will kill the algae then remember to shake all that out an feed so you build your rockwool nutes back up

2 Likes

I would place the rockwool cubes under the unforgiving sun, there is nothing that can live after that. Then just soak them again. Can one do that?

1 Like

I am not using rock wool cubes

1 Like

Could u explain more about the BTI u r watering with?

2 Likes

Same as you bro. BTI is the active ingredient in mosquito dunks that kills gnats, it releases it in the water when you float the dunks in it.

2 Likes

One is about as good as another…I just chase the fliers when I see them with it…haven’t had FG in a really long time.

1 Like

Hi guys the mosquito dunks arrived this morning could any one tell me how many I need to crush up to sprinkle over the top of my soil? Then wen I next water I will crush some up and add to the water

I would put them in the water and control pH, if you throw them in the soil they will alter the soil and it’s harder to solve. Just throw them in some water and use that water to feed your plants.

2 Likes

OK thanks I will do that how many should I add to water?

this I wot has been caught on my sticky traps is it fungus knats or something else?

Can you take a pic of just one, real close and magnified?

3 Likes

Would It not work if I kept the mosquito dunk whole and placed it in the pot on top.of the soil?

2 Likes

Thanks think I might order some mosquito bits aswell as it says on the packaging that they kill fungus knats

1 Like

I did that, both dunks and bits. I bought them both for $15 on special.

1 Like

Are the bits used in the same way as the dunks? And did they work for u?

1 Like

I started using them as a precaution, have yet to see a gnat in there. Saw some spiders, real miniature spiders, black with white stripes on their body and belly, like 3mm. Sprayed the whole thing with AzaMax, which is made of neem.

2 Likes

I will get some of that aswell don’t want theses little fuckers ruining my plants

3 Likes