Whats the best way to get rid of fungus gnats?

3 Likes

i got method 1 for my IPM, i havenā€™t seen gnats in awhile since i used the nematodes then neglected my plants and let them really dry out a couple timesā€¦ but iā€™ve heard good things about this so iā€™m gonna try it out

https://growthefficiency.com/product/method-1-pps-16oz/

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been meaning to try that. Is that where you got yours, (growthefficiency.com)?

Those look really small for a fungus gnat to me?
Fungus gnats are like 2 mm long with wings.

https://www.repotme.com/pest-control/img/Fungus-Gnats.jpg

3 Likes

Wot could they be then? Itā€™s my first grow so not to familiar with the different pests

1 Like

I have to admit, I donā€™t know.
Whatā€™s your approximate geographic location?
Luckily they donā€™t seem to be affecting your seedlings.

1 Like

Lake District UK is were I live your right there doesnā€™t seem to be any damage to my plants but they only appear wen I water

1 Like

yes i did thatā€™s the official site, the shipping was expensive for Canada but should last me a long time

2 Likes

Wot could they be then? Itā€™s my first grow so not to familiar with the different pests

Do you have a loup for checking tricomes? Iā€™v taken some small up close detail pics with just holding my iPhone up to the loup and snapping a shot! Try it!

1 Like

@Tinytuttle wot soil u using?
[/quote]

Here is one of threads Iā€™v posted in

[/quote]

Just to help clarify as to where my mites come from is, that I Thermal compost and when done, all the schredders, microarthropods macroarthropods move into the pile which I then run through my red wiggles bins, its this mix that I use as a 1/3 component of my soil.

1 Like

This pic is shot through the eyepiece of my microscope! ( pic of a nematode)

7 Likes

Fox farm ocean forest organic soil

1 Like

R they dangerous to the plants?

1 Like

I believe this to be a beneficial nematode (predatory) I didnā€™t see a stylet( a piercing mechanism ) which helps it to invade root tissue.

2 Likes

On another subject if my soil is dry 2inches down should I water

1 Like

@Herbie and @ryasco say yes to thisā€¦ If memory serves me well.

Just remember to use the BTI water for the gnatsā€¦ :wink:

2 Likes

Sorry for repeating myself but I just donā€™t want to overwater sorry guys :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I have Watered both plants today with mosquito dunks crushed up in the water and ph checked to 6.37 both plants were planted at same time on same day but one of them seems to be progressing well and the other looks as though something could be wrong wot u guys think

1 Like

1 Like

here is the one that I think my be struggling or could it be a different strain coz wen I germinated seeds 2 were skunk#1 and 2 were ak47

2 Likes