What's you Germination rate like from seed banks you use?

6 for 6 on MSNL Fruity Pebbles (fem)
3 for 6 on MSNL Stardawg (fem)
0 for 3 on bag seed
3 for 3 Kyle kushmans Matanuska tundra (fem)
3 for 3 MSNL Big Bud (reg)
2 for 3 MSNL Big Bud (auto fem)
3 for 3 Exotic Genetix Mr.Clean (reg)
3 for 3 Exotic Genetix Driz Nipper (reg)
3 for 3 MSNL Zkittles (fem)
3 for 3 MSNL Pineapple Kush (fem)

Pretty great germination rate on everything except the Stardawg o and the bagseed but I never expected the bag seed to germinate.
Straight soil germed not napkined!
The ones that came in the bags kind of tripped me out but they explained it’s for stealth.

7 Likes

The other thing to maybe consider is the age quality of the seed you get. Banks like Attitude will often send old-as-hell seed which usually pops much slower or shows less vigorous babies. The bank is also sending you what they received from the breeder and it might have been old or DOA from them - and the bank usually won’t even know that because they can’t sample out every strain they get, you know?

Unless the breeder has date stamped the pack - and the bank has not repackaged it (often happens) then the age of that seed might be 2-4 years for all anyone knows. I’ve germmed thousands of bank seed and it’s always a crap shoot unless you buy breeder direct and sometimes even then.

DOA seeds might be a breeders fault, might be the banks fault, might be the shipping method, might be the germ technique, or might be all of the above. You just can’t really point the finger at any of them individually until you’ve done multiple orders from the same source. The most consistently DOA seeds I’ve gotten all came from Seedbay or Attitude - yet other folks will have 100% success and call me names for even suggesting that Seedbay ain’t the golden goose that their own experience says they are. Ain’t Seedbay’s fault, IMHO - it’s the most likely the breeder/source. And some banks deny their responsibility in the most creative and stupid ways.

Just an opinion…

2 Likes

Aloha @OldSSSCGuy nice to meet you and welcome to OG.

Yea I totally get what you mean.

Also thanks for the info on those other seedbanks.

I didn’t even know this thread was different from my thread but I’m noticing know Lol :rofl:

Btw @OldSSSCGuy you should introduce yourself on the “Introduce yourself” thread.

Aloha From Hawaii :call_me_hand:t5:

oh great germination topic lol
someone says that bad germination rate is all breeder/seedbanks fault and other says it’s all because of you’re a shitty grower :grin:
i usually got my seeds from herbies and im pretty satisfied with germ rate, last time 5 our of 5 :ok_hand:

1 Like

I’m exclusively an outdoor grower with a limited amount of space. In the two years I have grown, I germinated 44 seeds, a 100% success rate. Some took a little longer than others. I attribute that to varietal differences.