Whats your aerocloner recipe?

Looking for a few new cloner recipes to try. The one im using now works, but its taking about 3 weeks to see roots. My deathstar has a real hard time making roots.

3 Likes

Here’s a thread…

1 Like

Without knowing anything else I’d guess low temps.

1 Like

Damn you said 3 weeks. Meanwhile I’m seeing little clear roots at 3 days

1 Like

Some strains take that long to root though so it’s not unheard of. I always think water quality is an issue with aero cloning from pathogens so I only use 2 week Oxine treated pre-bubbled water so it’s sterile every changeout. I NEVER use it directly from the tap.

Tap water, athena cuts, no changeouts.

3 Likes

i cut. soak in gel for like an hour, put tap water and clonex nutrients,1tsp per gal. 3 mins on 2 mins off holds 68 degrees nipples/roots started in 9-13 days consistently. add some tap when it gets a little low

1 Like

3 days from cutting? gonna have to go ahead and bet against that one, but I don’t know so I’d love to see how

5 Likes

I start with a thorough bleach and water run, followed by replacing tap water rinse 2 or 3 times. All this over a 24hr period.

Distilled water, clonex solution and Orca. Cuts go straight to distilled in mason jar till I have all I need for that strain. Cuts then dipped in Clonex gel and inserted in cloner. Hit with Clonex mist every two days till I start seeing roots.

2 to 3 weeks typically, some can take longer.

I try to keep reservoir no higher that 75*F. Top off as needed.

6 Likes

Hey man don’t shoot the messenger lol it’s ironic because I had just posted about it in my thread then I seen this thread. I posted about my Franken double bubble cuts to be specific. Only one has a little tiiiny clear root starting to form but it’s definitely been 3 days

2 Likes

That’s insane lol. I’m just skeptical till I see stuff is all. Would be incredible if I could get it that fast!

1 Like

Yea I’d say normally I see stuff like that around 5 days for sure but not 3. I’m surprised myself. As far as my recipe I dipped the cuts in clonex gel day 1 and 2 and I have 1 gallon of clonex solution ph’d at 6.3 spraying on them from this cheap $10 pump I made

Here’s my homemade bucket :joy:

Hard to get it to focus but that thing that looks like a bead of water is that little root I was talking about

2 Likes

I’ve run in before, but I just made about 50 plus clones in the last month or so. I have this one strain that takes nearly 30 days to root and then some others that just take 10 days or so. i have cloned in veg and flower. I am not sure i have seen a difference in outcome.

recipe: tap water, ph to 6.0 or 5.9. 3 gallons of water. add 100 to 150 ppm of maxibloom (i used to use floranova, but it gunks up everything), shot glass of clonex solution, shot glass of peroxide. add more peroxide every 2 days. change water ever 4 days if possible. I went like 20 days without changing it and just adding peroxide and topping off wiht ph’d water, when I changed it a few days later i got pythium on the roots of the older cutting that hadn’t rooted. of all the cuttings, just three were lost.

1 Like

For hard to root cuts I like to add a rooting hormone to the water on top of my basic recipe, which is just 1/4 strength bloom solution + RO water and a live or sterile reservoir additive (hydroguard or southern AG for live res & HOCL or h2o2 for sterile. Dutch masters zone was my go-to but it’s discontinued).

For the rooting hormone I use Hormex liquid (vitamin b1 and naa) or K-L-N (iba and naa). I usually run it at a little lower dose than the bottle recommends.

Sometimes I also dip the clones in one of those 2 liquid rooting hormones and let them soak for a few minutes before putting them in the cloner. Or I let them soak in some water with fresh aloe.

Make sure you change the water frequently when using a rooting hormone (bare minimum once a week but every 3-5 days is better IMO). The clones may still take a while to root but they should root.

If they are really difficult clones to root you may be better off using rockwool or another rooting medium. Sometimes, slow rooting clones from older moms I just take a longer cutting and put it in a solo cup filled with a rooting medium (coco, or vermiculite/perlite, or even a soilless mix) so a good 3+ inches is buried in the medium.

How old is your aero cloner? Have you dealt with any pathogen issues with it?

and what are your current cloning practices? What are your water and room temps like? How often do you change the water? What type of lighting for clones?

Also, what are your moms like? Are you taking clones that have more woody stems?

1 Like

I have never been a “high tech” guy. I have always just cut them and stuck them in dirt with a humidity tent. That does not work well with “fast “ strains.

1 Like

I’m using rooting hormone and an ez cloner, provided I keep everything clean and the room temperature is at about 65° or less to account for the extra heat the pump generates inside, I usually have roots of some sort in 7-10 days. If I’m not careful about the temps, the pump generates too much heat inside (above 70-73) and every time that has happened I’ve had mass failure to rotting issues.

Does anyone use a sterile razor blade and shave the bottom of the stem a bit to expose more of the inside of the stem for more surface contact? That usually helps a bit and allows more roots to start along the stem.

1 Like

I do this, I dip them in a mild bleach solution and then I scrape the part that sits below the puck, I also split the end.

I just made my own cloner with a plastic crate, a hole saw and an aeration stone.

I add some fulvic, kelp and a 1/4 strength dose of nutrients. Sometimes I’ll add a little algacide. I change the water every four days or so, and I get nearly 100% with woody clones. Fleshy clones not as much.

Add water. Add cap or two of peroxide then clonex for 2 gallons. Change water every 5 days. Ph to keep around 6. Turbo cloner

1 Like