Whats your favorite air pump and why?

You can gang valve the hell out of one. :joy::rofl:

1 Like

@Hydrlizr I told ya :rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

2 Likes

Oh yes, Im pretty sure one of those can run a conga line of buckets :grin:

2 Likes

This one is actually quiet. I have 2 of them and they pull the same amount of watts from the wall on low setting and same on high setting.

I have tested other pumps and they are all over the place on wattage.

This one also makes quite a lot of bubbles for only 8 watts from the wall.

2 Likes

When I started this grow I was using using 2 cheap $10 3w pumps, swapped them out for an 18w vivosun pump and it made a huge difference.

1 Like

@MysteryMoog ,I ordered proper pumps, in the meantime Im using the nebulizer pump, one of them started overheating but the other running steady for last 3 days. So DO NOT buy the one in the picture, starts roasting itself in 2-3h.
Helped a lot with roots, 3L/min aquarium pump is not enough, 190W of oomph and 4 air stones rock.
Roots are clearing up, very soft and brown before, they were slowly drowning.

Ordered Hailea V-10 (10L/min) and a Hailea V-30(30L/min), people seem to like them, one of them should be just fine and the other for some outdoor bucket growing. Should manage my 5gal at decent wattage, ~10W and ~25W.
Got some air curtains in the mail, bubble hose, 75cm, gonna have foam dammit.

Got some “nano mist” air stones in snail mail from china for later testing.
Experiment with configurations, maybe 3 nano stones on the 25W or 10W with nano stone in the middle and curtain on 25W, will be interesting to see what happens.
Krusty bucket style bubble aero looks very effective, external refiller res and a float valve, low nute lvls in res.

Can you have tooo much air??

1 Like

Imo impossible to have too much air! I am happy to hear they got you by though. :+1:
I know the first time I used one, I was shocked how good it was. :rofl::joy:

1 Like

Chlorine, chiller, all other parameters in order and still had issues in mid flower. I guess the root mass just outgrew the air supply.
Pet store aquarium pums can suck it, go pro or go home.
Making progress and looking a bit dumb for an OG, but thats what it costs, might finally be dialed in.
Kept running in circles when what i really needed was more air.

doh

1 Like

Don’t feel bad. Took me years before I could actually smoke anything I grew. :joy::rofl:

Well, I grew my first stuff in 99, built a sprinkler aero in a closet with multi glass layer air cooled 400MH+400HPS, SWT#3 yeiled 250g dry in a 2ftx2ft closet. Still stuff goes wrong, I suppose its a first doing proper DWC.
Just thought , nah It` ll be fiine, I know what I’m doing :laughing:.

1 Like

I was doing aquaponics back then, with a 200 gallon Oscar tank. Was almost 3 years before I figured out how to flower them in there :rofl::joy: Ironically, I have never actually grown hydro though. :joy::rofl:

1 Like

Id say a giant aquaponics tank qualifies.
Yea , thats how it goes, spent the last 2 years trying to get this stealth box working optimally.
Most of the time it seems to take years to get rolling in a new space.
Genetics, adjusting airflow, RH, water, nutes, you know, the usual.

1 Like

My newest set up is definitely giving me better results than I have seen in decades, which really has me excited.

1 Like

This Active Aqua, which is a Hydrofarm brand, has a 12 outlet manifold with an on/off control for each outlet, and plenty of power to push a ton of air through all of them. Also, it’s a pretty good deal on Amazon at $83.43USD.

4 Likes

Nice one, If I ever expand, that’ll be on the shopping list, good example for those with larger gardens.
Hoping the Hailea V-30 at 30L/min or 500CC a second will be plenty for 5gal.
45GBP I think it was, plus post.

@MysteryMoog
That confluence of events when it clicks together or that perfect run, Glorious.

2 Likes

The ones I get from Walmart, it’s cheap & does a great job on my SWC/TRON & 5 gal. DWC bucket grow.

1 Like

I’m looking at getting a 18w 3000lph pump. I’m curious what sort of air stones to use. Would this large pump explode small air stones?

No, they won’t explode lol. More likely to damage the air pump from using a too-small airstone. They make large ones, flexible wands, etc.

LOL… I just came from grow room… Iast week I was at petsmart so I picked up $25 air pump dual outlet. To replace my nebulizer pump that I “borrowed” from my daughter.
Ha… low and behold the nebulizer pump blows the store bought away, literally

So what I did was split the nebulizer output between my two dwc buckets

IMHO I like my nebulizer

1 Like

Got one of those and the mid size. Great pumps especially for the price.

1 Like