Whats your favorite air pump and why?

Nice! The price went up since I posted that, but it’s still a good value. You may find it a little loud, but hopefully that won’t be an issue for you.

My nebulizer is still kicking :joy::joy: best air pump ever…lolol

Currently running multiple active aqua pumps. They’re fine and I like the redundancy.

Multiple small pumps>one big pump.

I would at least do two good pumps never one. Used to run these really nice high end German made pumps that worked fine for years until they both failed within hours of each other 6 weeks into flower.

The local hydro store cuts me a pretty good deal on the active aqua stuff and exchanges them no questions asked so it’s a no brainer for me.

I love my first pump, it was my daughters nebulizer pump. It runs two 4 inch airstones with no problems, yet. I have only been growing in hydro for about 6 months so I am still trying different pumps.

Peace

Into the garden I go
too lose my mind and
find my bowl - I mean soul

Well, I guess THIS is my favorite pump - but only because I just bought it!

It’s the Vivosun 102W 1750 GPH Commercial Air Pump with 12 Outlets. I’ve read mostly good reviews…AND - I got a smokin’ good deal!

I’m a pretty avid user of ebay, and they offer “ebay bucks” based on certain purchases made within a certain window of time. I accumulated enough to bring my final price down to $53.50 (tax included).

LOVE My Alita air pumps. Have several here from 20 years of keeping koi ponds. Mostly AL-15A (15+ litres per minute) and a few AL-6A (10 LPM). They are easily rebuildable, powerful, the rebuild kits are only like $15-$20. Diaphragms last several years before needing a rebuild. Wanna drive a manifold? These badboys do it with ease.

Almost forgot… Durability?? I’ve lost count of how many times one was left in a 5G bucket over a rainy weekend. Completely submerged for hours, just pull it out, let it drain for 5 mins (weep hole on bottom), plug it in and it goes, without even tripping the GFCI! Just an amazing pump…

3 Likes