What's your Favorite Living Soil Recipes?

Sounds legit…I guess it may make more sense to use the fabric pots, although I was never really sold on them before. Something I shall think about. Thanks for your input.

Regards,

K.

1 Like

Here are the style I’m looking at using.

5 Likes

What is the dimensions on those bad boys?

72-Inches L X 16-Inches W X 14-Inches H On these from overstock.com, but they are a little pricey. I think I will build mine out of PVC and heavy landscaping cloth. You can get the good cloth 6’ x 100’ for about $60.

2 Likes

Amazon has these smaller ones for $20 for a 5 pack. Not too bad.

1 Like

Here is a nice indoor living soil no till. Also there is a nice list of a living soil recipe in the description.

2 Likes

I was planning on trying this myself, for a sample bed in my shop…

I have always been gun shy about cheaper material pots…I am always worried there would be some kind of nasty chemicals sprayed on them.That is pretty cheap though…Almost worth trying one first.

I am subscribed to his channel, and watched this one a couple of times haha…I like his set-up, but am looking for something that will work in a huge shop…I am thinking giant beds on castors…Herbin, grows some dank genetics from Ocean Grown (Vader)…The stuff looks like some quality smoke.

Regards,

K.

2 Likes

I like the size of those. I dunno about what they are made of and no spec sheet. I would like to make them perhaps out of coconut fiber like some of the hanging baskets and some wire to help shape it. Something like rabbit wire or chicken wire would work to shape it.

For the planting of cuttings. I was thinking of adopting a cutting by branch and do what my wife called a 'raft planting’ as in bonsai to root a long piece and have several up branches; when I described the idea to her… See if/how it works at some point any way.

1 Like

Sorry if this has already been posted here, if not, this was very informative. Enjoy : https://youtu.be/mlyMRdfNN5c

2 Likes

Enjoyed the vid @Kobracom420 looks like I need to stock up in rabbit :poop: pull a couple other useful tips out of the vid as well TY.

2 Likes

No problemo, Mano…Great info indeed.

On a side note, how does one go about embedding Youtube vids in a comment?

2 Likes

I think one just copies the link into the body if I’m understanding you correctly

2 Likes

Roger that…

Thank you.

3 Likes

Lol That’s my first name Btw!

3 Likes

Haha, Roger that, Roger…

Another side note…An interesting conversation about tea’s…https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Taktb7hbp2k

3 Likes

Fixed this one for ya @Kobracom420 is that the correct one then?

2 Likes

Haha…Smoked a bowl too many today…I can not seem to embed the vids properly? I managed with the music vids I posted on here. I tried the copy and past with the link…To no success…

2 Likes

In my IPhone with the Vid pulled up I first share the vid and then copy link then paste it where needed if that’s any help, … I’m usually terrible at this sort of thing Lol.

1 Like

I’ve been looking for a simple water only recipe to use this year outdoors. The one @ReikoX posted looked pretty easy and obtainable at the local store.
I do have a question.
From my understanding the dolomite stabilizes and or raises the PH. If I have high pH in my water already is that something I should still add? I usually rely on the the salt based ferts to lower my pH now as my water is in the high 7s.
I’m still waiting on the kelp meal as I had to order that but I went ahead and mixed up what I had so it can start cooking.
I’m blown away by the quantity and the economy of this. I don’t think I’ll ever buy bagged soil again!

I went with
3 cu.ft. peat
2 cu.ft coco
3 cu.ft. perlite
2 cu.ft. compost (1.5 mushroom and .5 dairy cow)
5 cups blood meal
10 cups bone meal
Still plan to add
5 cups kelp meal
Some mycorrhizal if I can figure out if what I have will work.
What do you all think? Trying to keep it simple.
Here is the recipe from @ReikoX

8 Likes

Looks pretty good to me @Hashtree I’d suggest may be bit of rock dust glacial, azomite, greensand or a Rock phosphate perhaps look around for someone doing worm composting and get some EWC at 10% of the mix there’s so much benefits to worm cast I can’t stress this enough! Disease prevention, pest deterrent to name a few!
Plus a few worms in the pot is always a bonus!

2 Likes