What's your favorite organic and all natural pest management tricks?

I disagree…I see a few usually during hoildays or special days…

Well ya… but I don’t really count the fundraisers and server funds though, alot of those purchases aren’t usually “cuz we need to buy seeds” but rather donating/supporting a good cause

1 Like

Be aware of pyrethrins if you have cats around. Suuuuuuper toxic and causes seizures in our furry friends.

I love OHN. Its fermented garlic, ginger, cinnamon, angelica root, and licorice root. I also add turmeric to it. Amazing for keeping plants healthy and pests away.
That along with a healthy plant and good soil life and no pests should be around.

4 Likes

Silica isn’t exactly organic, but… I use it (conservatively) in Veg with good effect. Foliar with some aloe, fulvic, and silica.

… and just a foliar with aloe is pretty good to do in veg. Also, night-time cold works wonders. If the season is right, and I’ve got some issues, a night under the stars will help a lot. Looking for lows in low-40’s

1 Like

Silica sure is organic if your blending fresh aloe leaves and adding it to your compost teas, all about how ur getting it to your plant

There’s plenty of silica in aloe, not sure why your double dosing it 🤷

Hands down: screaming.

1 Like

I don’t usually add aloe to my teas… too much froth. I guess I could add it post brew. I do like to soil drench with aloe and water. As far as adding silica to my aloe and fulvic for foliar… it’s just what I do

BTI granules

azamax
is a concentrate of neem is 10x or 20x the normal neem

Ya it does froth up a lot in the first hour, usually just let it chill out in a bucket in water for an hour before I start the brew

Saliciylic acid, chitosan, diatomaceous earth powder.

1 Like

going to be using diatomacous earth around the outside of the pots running a citrus ferment insect & pesticide along with a hot pepper spray and Bt for catipillars cycled with peppermint essential oil spray(water,dr broners,pepperment oil) hot pepper spray

for the hot pepper spray i add a tsb of oil too and bring to boil to let the capsacin release strain once steeped overnight

4 Likes

More or less the citrus ferment is a dr zymes its a yeast citric acid based spray that is going to want to be sprayed while lights are off or in the morning or it will burn the plants

Had thrips once used soapy water for 5 days,glad I’ve not had anything crazy

1 Like

For bigger pests, briar patches work well, anything with prickers really. Yes, deer and people I consider pests that need to be managed for an outside grow.

Plant sacrificial plants outdoors in guerilla grows ( That goes along with this rule:

And it works in veggie gardens as well.

Otherwise, really keeping the plant in good health does wonders for the plants own abilities to manage / deter pests… Let the plant help you :wink:

1 Like

Now that’s def the organic tricks I want to encourage on this post!!! Nice recipe bud!!!

I’ve done dawn water for ants spraying em down, just gotta go light with it around ur soil to not affect microbes in the soil, had one pot so saturated I just threw the whole 5 gall out

1 Like

I did the dawn soapy spray front and back of the leaves for 5 days I’d only started growing didn’t know anything about bugs lol
Use to bring the plants into the deck for some sun

Then one day on a biker forum I’m a member of it was show your weed plant day :joy:
Posted a pic of mine dude told me you have thrips lol
Never put plants in the deck again

1 Like

Here a link to an organic IPM recipe that @nube shared with me a while back. Worked like a charm and has become part of my routine.

Yes! I read this and it actually prompted me to start a notebook that’s basically my “cheat sheet” all the stuff I make and use regularly at the dilutions I need for the scale I use em at etc. etc. basically like my little reference book. This recipe made it in there, even though I’ve yet to use it, just reading the recipe you know it’s gotta do the thing

1 Like