When to seperate a male

I have a few autos going that are day 18 and some have shown sex. I have a male that i’d like to collect pollen from. When should i remove him from the tent to collect pollen before he pollinates my females? This is the only tent i have going, so should i grow him out another week or so and clip a branch and place in vase with water to collect pollen? This is my first attemp so any tips appreciated.

6 Likes

“When to seperate a male”

This one got separated after 14 years of marriage.
:rofl::rofl::rofl: couldnt resist…

Sorry got no experience with breeding, but hoping to, so watching this thread.

6 Likes

For indoor grows, I just move the males out of the tent and put them under a 12/12 fluorescent to keep them alive while they drop pollen. This has worked great in the past.

For outdoor plants that are planted in the ground, cutting a few branches from males and keeping them in water works as well. You just don’t want to cut them too early because they might die before they can drop pollen.

3 Likes

Hard to say exactly when, but from when you see the balls forming until they’re dumping pollen happens pretty quickly. Personally I’d take it out ASAP, chuck it under a LED bulb or even a windowsill and let him rip.

6 Likes

Ill do that ill get a clamp cfl and throw him in a closet.

2 Likes

“NOW”… No need to ruin a beautiful garden with a bunch of seeds~ :wink:

1 Like

Before it is too late … :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

Ill hook you up with a nice gal… :laughing:

5 Likes