Which LED light to order?

So it’s not nessicaraly the visual colors needed to take into account really to make a choice? I’m really liking that spider farmer light that skiball linked. I tried ordering that kingbrite lm301h but they wouldbt take my credit card! I am unfamilliar with the payment suggestion they made so I’ll go ahead and get that spider farmer. Looks like it has the same samsung leds and has that 2.7 umol/J…which from my reading is what you need to know, not what the wattage is.(like what those mainstream blurples only tell you about it?) I still have lots to learn about these leds and will be reading alot here at the overgrow…btw I shouldnt be concerned about ordering a light online right? Or is that something the Gov looks into to try to find illegal grows?

1 Like

I remember buying mine’s because you recommended them to me and I am grateful for that, they work fine! :smile:

@Fill_Watertank : Frohes neues Jahr . I first bought one HLG 100 V2, with the 4000K option as it was for my veg tent. The 3000K is more suitable for blooming, the light is more reddish simulating the sun in autumn, the other has more blue as the sun in spring and summer.

The area covered for vegetation is 60 x 60 cm and for blooming 90 x 90 cm, so it was fine for my veg tent, which is 80 x 80 cm.

Later on, I wanted to get rid of my HPS lamp in the flower tent and bought an HLG 135W QB V2 RSPEC LED KIT with red LEDs more appropriated for blooming period and covers a similar area. My blooming tent is 240 x 120 cm and actually I have the two lamps on there, covering a 120 x 120 area more or less. Perhaps as you have just one tent you can buy a double one like the HLG 260W QUANTUM BOARD V2 RSPEC LED KIT, check out your needs.

I was going to ask for an update of your grow diary, but as I don’t have any (so my dirty clothes are just washed at home ) I didn’t, I must admit that I was jealous of your success , hope you will have a great harvest and health to smoke it :grin:, servus … :sunglasses:

4 Likes

And thanks northern for all that awesome information! Honestly I think this site has far more information on grow lights then any regular home gardening website! I’ll continue to learn Northern! I’m surprised this site doesnt have a forum specifically for lighting, unless it does and I havent located it yet…

2 Likes

^ like @Hashtree says plan for 30-40W watts of actual power (not equivalent power) per square foot.

Boards that use the Samsung chip LEDs (eg. LM301) like the HLG quantum boards, or strips using those chips or bridgelux chips of similar efficiency are significantly more power efficient than the typical Chinese grow lights you find on Amazon.

Like @Northern_Loki says, don’t fear the white light. The white LED color temperature spectrum is regarded as superior to blurple these days.

4 Likes

You can find more info here, missing some updates allthough … :sunglasses:

GrowFAQ Basic Topics Lighting

5 Likes

Thanks George George george of the overgrow friend to you and me!:smile:

4 Likes

These (giixer 1000w)units looked like pure trash and are tiny. but they do put 32000-35000lux at 36" so they meet what they advertise. Cant speak on lasting. I didnt believe it til i put the meter under it but they are real solid at 24" far as numbers go. Havent put a plant under em. I would use 2 per 4x4

Interesting! Thabks Rooted for the response. Like my recent post stated,it did show up in the mail so I could keep it to add to my new sf2000 I ordered. Not sure yet. Whats the wattage of it I base the grow room size on? What it draws at 110? Or the stated equivalence of output of a 250w?