Whipped cherries x the cube

Hey everybody,

I had this crazy thing happen, my exotic genetix whipped cherries female hermied and pollenated the cube. I have seen many posts saying this is common for them I could not resist growing this one out in the hopes that the cube stabilizes her. We will see! As a plan b i am running a whipped cherries male to the cube.

Should be fun!..

11 Likes

Well they’ll definitely be female, just keep an eye out for bananas! Sounds like a tasty cross,.how is the whipped cherries?

2 Likes

Sometimes the best creations happen by chance.The genetics sound yummy…I will be tagging along for the ride.

3 Likes

Hey brother,

Thanks for joining in!

The whipped cherries was definetely
Super tasty, potent and long lasting. Very cherry and cream, undertone of cookie dough.

From a growing perspective some interesting features - incredible roots! Fast and always out of the pot. It caused some issue as it was hard to keep up with watering. Cherry pie crosses are prone to hermie and cookies also. The recessive combo seemed to express it self. The dry root zone around week 2-3 of flower seemed to trigger it. I couldnt keep up with watering. Other issue was top side it did not convert to a large yield. Very rock hard nugs super frosty but low yield. It would be nice to see if the cube can help with any or all of that.

I have the whipped cherries female crossed to another male, a freeborn selections cherry west bx. I am just cleaning those beans now. That is a very stable line and a cherry variety with chery limeade in lineage with some chem. Cherry west is very berry afghani i am hoping that stands a chance at stabilizing whipped cherries as a another route.

2 Likes

Hey brother,

Thanks for joining in! We are glad you are here!

You got some sweet pics!

1 Like

Just a little background.

The female whipped cherries resembled the tall one #3.

Both 1 & 2 showed mutations in different forms twisted leaves for the first 2-3 nodes but they seem to have corrected.

The shortest one #2 is super greasy! I mean suuuuuuupppppppeeeeerrr ggggrrrreeaaasssyy! Hehe… i doubt she will yield much but i have a few males which may help.

#1 in the middle looks like she might be a little better and still has some grease and great deep red color.

They have been vegging a while under low wat leds. I am gonna flip them into flower next week then reveg, clone, and eventually pollenate, if i find a keeper.

3 Likes

Lol nothing wrong with greasy!

4 Likes

Sounds like an amazing cross! Good luck :v::peace_symbol::call_me_hand::herb::star_struck:

3 Likes

You know what i’m talkin bout! Haha…

Tpb!

4 Likes

A little cherry update… the tallest one showed male parts… so made 4 beans, 1 didnt hatch, 1 herm… 2 left, 2 weeks in they are looking greasy! Not large but super greasy! If they do not hermie and the flower is nice i

have a male or 2 that would be good to increase yield…

2 Likes

The flower buds are pretty dense and compact. This may be cookies influence almost like thin mint cookies but less branching and stretch. Insane resin production and awesome cherry colored striations.

1 Like

5 Likes

Sorry for the gap everybody i lost some pics due to a phone incident!.. haha…

1 Like

A almost dry pick of a lower nug!

Smells super cherry! Nice n mellow without couchlock, very relaxing. I just finished up some regs a whipped cherries male to the same female cube, i will be throwin those up on strainly after soon

4 Likes

Some dry … she got a few seeds from the whipped cherries male that got her! …

4 Likes

Just updatin’! Hehe…

So this accidental fem girl pictured originally in thread

was fire but did not survive reveg.

Luckily, i had been running some regs. A whipped cherries male x cube female.

There was still some hermie in the progeny 3 out of 5 females hermied! Found 1 girl and a boy that are sexually stable and smellin sexy so we will see how they get down…

I am about to run these and cant wait!

Crazy red tinge on leaf in veg!..

I will be reaching out to joe and doing a another server auction with beans from a few different rearings pretty soon for anybody interested, keep an eye out!

3 Likes

5 days into 12/12 This cross i did with exoticgenetix whipped cherries x the cube starfighter version is coming right along … showing some nice precursor res shine!, she has awesome stackage, a great cherry red color, wild sharp serrated leaves!.. might have a couple xtra cuts for strainly folks… took a few to find a sexually stable girl… seems like we might’ve got lucky tho, cause she is lookin sexy!

6 Likes

Some pics of the female from a reg rearing… she is a beauty! So unique! Had to share! Last time i ran this herb i went thru it in about 3 days! Haha… it is soo good!

This 1st gen i had to thru a few to get a sexually stable girl in the regs. I found a male that looks promising so i am gonna give a 2nd gen a try. See if it would be stable. I got 1 rooted of her left listed on strainly for anybody interested. They r goin fast!

Keep an eye out for a server auction in 2ish weeks we got 2 ahead of us!

8 Likes

What a beaut!

3 Likes