White dusty like spots?

Hey @George, I Already chopped em down and washed em. I guess I was lucky that they never started making webs. Im going to check when I do the trim job to see if they did in fact get into the buds. What should I use to clean my tent? So they don’t get in the new grow. Sorry I missed the video at the top. Im going to check it out now.

I cleaned the tent spraying it with a bleech soap and water and then cleaning it thoroughly with a portable steam machine. Steam reaches all their hiding places and boils the eggs left, no notices from them since … :innocent:

Inspect a bud with a scope, I was just checking the trichomes so you may imagine my reaction :pensive:, now I know how to spot them but it was a tough lesson … :sweat:

4 Likes

I second washing the place down with bleach. If you just leave the tent alone for a bit the eggs will hatch and die the stupid mites can’t live in a wasteland with no host. They’ll all be terminal in a week. Make sure you don’t bring in a new batch of mites on infected clones or on yourself when you go into the tent. I use a basic clean room where you vacuum yourself or change clothes before you go in.

4 Likes

Probably a bit late, but when your plants are hanging and drying, the spider mites will want to leave because the plant is running out of plant juices to provide them with food. Give them something they can jump to. A sacrificial plant, and they will leave. I noticed this when I had a couple plants hanging that had just a couple spider mites at Harvest Time. By the time one of the two plants had dried, it was covered in webs and a mass quantity of spider mites. I was quite shocked, because they were hardly even bad enough to notice at Harvest Time. The second plant was leaning on something, and I’m sorry I can’t remember what it was, but it wasn’t even a plant. Just a way down to the ground and a path to other food sources. The plants were not hanging in a house however, they were downstairs in a barn. The mites left that second plant.

5 Likes

What is the life span of the spider mite without having a plant to feed on? @Upstate switching up the host with another plant is a pretty cool idea. I did a scrub down with detergentand with a rinse of water. Then did a spray down with quarter of alcohol and water. I even sprayed the outside of mt tent] for good measure. I’ll probably spray it down again before I do another run. I didn’t see any webs but they were definitely were spider mites. I seen a video a lady used soap and water on there plants and then sprayed the soap off really good. Has anyone tired this? I would imagine it would be something that could work when in veg. I can’t see myself doing that to my ladys in full flower. It is something I will keep on the lookout for in the future. I wasn’t aware that you needed magnification to see those lil buggers. I’ll let y’all know if they come back. I thank everyone, This community has always been a great help.

3 Likes

I want to say 10 days without a host, but 2 weeks to be safe. You’re ok by now. Soap does work. Insectidal soap, and also dish soap. Smothers them so they can’t breath. Works well in veg, but not flower. I used a hose on spray to knock them off in flower, but I think I lost some resin. Didn’t get all of them, but enough that they were no longer a problem.

2 Likes

Yeah that make more sense in the flower stage. Especially if its just to slow those biggers down.

1 Like