White oil organic pesticide recipe

I battled a pest on my last 3 grows that I was unable to control with over $700 spent on commercial pesticides. Forbid, floramite, avid, azagaurd, pyganic, spinosad, and nothing worked. I trashed everything on the 3rd grow and shut it down for 8 months. Ran outta pot so out of necessity I recently started again.

After the disgusting commercial pesticides failed me I decided to look into organic options. I found something called white oil that is absurdly cheap to make and highly effective. My last grow was so infested it was unsaveable but I started using the white oil towards the end and the plants perked up beautifully but I had to apply it everyday due to massive infestation.

I just sprayed it last night on my 6 wedding cake ladies and when I cracked the tent open the following day all the leaves had boners reaching for the lights.

Recipe: 1/2 cup canola oil mixed with 1 cup dr bronner’s soap. This makes a white oil concentrate. Apply at the rate of 5ml/gallon at lights out. And of course no fans blowing on the plant. So far this recipe has outperformed all of the listed products above. I’ll post a next day pic after my next application. I hope this helps someone battling bugs and the best part is that it’s organic. No tyvek suit required and no toxins

7 Likes

Sorry you had to go to war with those bastards. The solution sounds awesome man. Yes, pictures would be great. Also show a picture of your mixed up solution as well please my man.

1 Like

Does it help with PM also? Thanks for sharing the recipe!!

1 Like

Not an expert but I think you can get away with less soap. It’s just a whetting agent no?

You can use almost any veg oil to smoother mites/thrips, but it won’t kill the eggs and why you need to keep reapplying.

I posted a oil recipe on Justblazin’s thread a couple weeks ago with some links/studies on killing mites with soybean oil. If you add in some ISO & H2O2 you can dry out the eggs also

1 Like

He is diluting down to 5mL/gal anyway so it’s probably ok.

Sounds like he had spider mites. There are better options for pm :+1:

@Foreigner
The recipe requires a 2:1 ratio soap to oil to properly emulsify the oil. If you reduce the amount of soap you’ll have globs of oil floating around that will wind up on your leaves ultimately frying your foliage. The soap is both an emulsifier and wetting agent.

@Razor
I do not recommend lost coast plant therapy. Isopropyl alchohol, h202, and citric acid are extremely harsh on the foliage, particularly young leaves.

@NoCal
I unfortunately did not have spider mites, but I wish I did. Whatever pest I was dealing with was worse than any spider mite I’ve ever encountered. Scoped with 120x and the only thing I was able to see were circular pearly white eggs and oblong pearly white objects. No bug movement was ever observed with daily inspections 2x/day for nearly a year through multiple grow cycles. I’m growing sweet basil, dill, peppermint, and lavender as companion plants. If one becomes infected again with this pest I will send a sample off to Michigan State University for a pest identification. Unfortunately they can’t test marijuana leaves due to federal funding.

@PakaBoi
It will not stop PM. Increase airflow and decrease humidity. Stop the source of the problem. Run a search and you’ll find plenty of options for eliminating PM during the veg cycle. If I remember right wettable sulfur mixed in the correct ratio is an option.

@HumblePie420
I’ll spray tomorrow night again and post a few before and after pics and I’ll get you a picture of what the mixed oil looks like.

4 Likes

Here are some pics of the wedding cake and the companion plants. Lavender, sweet basil, dill, and peppermint. All of the herbs are plants that bugs generally hate. Peppermint has almost no known pests due to it’s menthol production, but it’s growing painfully slow. It’s all good though. Once mint establishes it’s invasive and grows like wild fire.

Sweet basil went a little sideways on me but they’re recovering nicely.

3 wedding cake ladies are in perlite hempy buckets and 2 in ocean forest. I ran outta soil but had plenty of perlite on hand so I put 3 in the hempy’s.

I’ll be spraying tonight. I’ll snap a picture in the morning along with a picture of the mixed white oil. Forgot to snap a picture of the peppermint. I’ll post one along with the white oil and day after spray pics.

4 Likes