White powdery mildew, what do I do?

I have been going through a PM thing myself and I didn’t have access to sulpher at the time so I got a bottle of this stuff Captain Jacks Copper soap spray and I used it once and it’s been almost 2 weeks not a spot of PM and holding strong.Not shitting on the Sulpher I swear guys.Was pretty cheap and it didn’t burn not one leaf.That fucking neem oil in the other hand good for soil drench not so good on leaves sometimes.

4 Likes

copper is an excellent anti microbial agent. Some people use the bordeaux mixture which is copper two sulfate.

2 Likes

Rieko X told me an interesting tidbit about the molasses and the nutrient load problem.Add the molasses as a sugar source in your tea brew and it helps put things in order to take away stress from nutrient uptake the microbes pig out in the sugars and chew up that for the plant pretty much and she don’t have to do shit but eat and get fat.I’m going to try it the next airated brew I do

1 Like

I haven’t got a chance to try the Sulpher but this worked for me in a pinch.If any one want to see if it holds true check out Caps Ghost grow or my Skunk Hoedown and if it don’t work you will hear me about it lol

3 Likes

ok! I read all your posts. You dosed them 8 days ago? Which plants visibly had it first, and where did they come from? I’ll definitely keep checking to see if it comes back, I’m super curious about that.

1 Like

There is a global farming initiative to repair the damage of years of “Amendments”
It is the soil food web management system.
https://www.nrcs.usda.gov/wps/portal/nrcs/detailfull/soils/health/biology/?cid=nrcs142p2_053868
Following these practices will relieve you of bottles of this, that and every thing else.
Here there is the KNF farming thread, Growing on the cheap! Korean Natural Farming
On the web my favorite is here:
Inputs - Section 5 - Water Soluble Calcium (WCA) - Natural Farming - Inputs - Cultural Healing and Life

2 Likes

2 Likes

The ghosts from Mark from strainly

2 Likes

I don’t have the humidity up at night I only use the humidifier during lights on now.Seems to help out a lot.

1 Like

Humidifier as in spray water in air cheapy?
Better to use Cheap Shami cloths, soak with water and hang in tent during lights on, or if you are hellbent on water into air and tent heat is not too high, a cheap steamer is way better. air coming from it is wet but sterile. IMHO

1 Like

One of those mist in air types.Was going to try the towel thing

1 Like

It’s been working super well

On the lowest setting 70 percent humidity to 73 to 75 degrees water last 12 hours

With the towels use a tsp of bleach in water you soak them in.
Otherwise its stale water in air.

1 Like

For me it has always seemed the reverse of what is natural, plants get a ton of water in two dew periods, nightfall and morning. Not during day. plants shed water during day as they breath through leafs.

1 Like

For what it is worth most cannabis cuttings can handle a being rinsed in 10% bleach for 15-20 minutes. Yes, plain old household bleach. Rinse it with distilled water 4x. Using gloves and a clean razor re-cut the bleached end and clone as you normally would.

If you find the the leaves lighten or begin to turn “lacey” play with the amount of time rinsed before lowering the bleach concentration.

Additionally you could do what I have done and add engineering controls like a ProGuard unit.

2 Likes

Someday I’ll go KNF. It really is a sweet way to grow. Quite the initial start up time frame, and a lot to learn though. Its a little intimidating.

2 Likes

Which ones are those?

I got some beans gifted to me from a veterans giveaway and they were called Ghost I asked Bigmike about them and he said they were Ghost from Mark from strainly.

1 Like

For growing mj, It’s teachable in five easy steps, each is a home project and fun to do.
Base soil mix and these five projects = consistent success without science major.
There are several living soil mixes that start & get you in two weeks to living beds.

2 Likes