The most potent strain on the market.

Hey all… long time pothead here and just recently getting back into growing. My question is this… I used to grow a strain called super crystal back in 2001. The plant had aggressive growth, smell for miles, and super resin production. It would get me high for 6 hours on one bowl and I smoke daily. I ordered some more recently and was disappointed by a mediocre buzz and a plant that looked more like hemp than marijuana, about my problem with all the strains I have gotten as of late.

So do heavy resin producers still exist or has the government simply legalized it so they can control it and reduce available potency?

16 Likes

Welcome to overgrow! If you ordered from the same company, perhaps you just need to find the proper phenotype. The one you’re looking for maybe only be found in 5 or 10% of the seeds…

13 Likes

It’s a controversial subject but seems to be common experience with tokers of 25+ smoking years… “What happened to the good ole weed?!” :wink:

IMO most likely the “new” one was grown sub-par & from questionable genetic source.

Another common enough experience is when a beginner gets a seed from some mediocre buds, grows it out & gets a much nicer bud. Because of TLC & a happier plant. Think :thinking: backyard pet chicken vs. factory farm dystopia chicken-- one will be a lot ‘better’.

As far as gubmnt or monopoly control & intervention, that seems pretty remote but still possible as with McTobacco Inc. USA.

Potency has only gone up (THC %), but the highs & flavors have changed in 20 years.

:evergreen_tree:

23 Likes

Seed production was made illegal in Holland in 1997 and in the following years alot of original mother plants were lost. The older original seeds made from original mothers would have lasted awhile, but after that alot of stuff over there went down hill

9 Likes

They are still out there man. Bodhis has several high potency strains. Also, my former queen, Bruce Banner was on the cover of High Times in the mid 2000’s with a cover that said “Strongest Strain on Earth” - It regularly tests at like 32% thc. Ive grown strains that have more “frost” and heavy resin production than the Banner but lack its potency and flavor. As my man @OleReynard says “Frost dont mean anything”

12 Likes

It can have all the bling and no sting.
Happening alot lately.

26 Likes

if’n it makes the shiny line that sparkles and travels down the joint it is good enough IME and that happens around 20% from the dispo vended and lab tested I have smoked.

3 Likes

After growing my own for almost 2 years now (hahahaha I’m a newb) I gave up on dispensary flower. Now, I still purchase wax etc. because I just don’t grow enough to mass produce it. :v::peace_symbol::v:

4 Likes

take a look at lab tests, almost nothing now has real thc,delta 9 thc the psychoactive ingredient isnt there its all thca. most of the tests you will see have no real thc in them

3 Likes

I think it started with nam, Nixon got away with saying we lost because of the avg grunt smoking pot in nam, then started the first war on drugs in my lifetime, the us gov then got rid of its landraces, which is so weird, after all pot,hemp had saved us during ww2,

2 Likes

The stuff that used to work on us must still exist, the old genes are still out there and I believe with enough looking the old magic will return, just make sure you are prepared to hold onto those plants when you do find them.

What are you growing at the moment if you don’t mind me asking?

4 Likes

mk ultra,mob,la amnesia, hso fem bd, soloberries (test) bublegum just harvested jh atomical haze gg4 ww
new harvest each month perpetual

3 Likes

but i just started growing again 2 years ago, we were getting dispo stuff and caregiver stufff from mich. still try other stuff,

1 Like

im not so sure if its still out there, we keep breeding for smells and taste and then mutations like freak show, once something is lost …things go extinct i think thye say every 15 secs

3 Likes

Full spectrum is where it was at. Sadly most of it has already been lost.

3 Likes

but i have seen some lab tests with lower thc delta 9 one had 19.8,that would have me laughing and crying at the same time i think

2 Likes

I’ve gotten it stuck in my head that it’s more these kush related varieties that have pushed my tolerance up to where it is, similar to what we were talking about on the other thread about edibles. All of these different THC and CBD varieties are all fat soluble and I think we don’t realise what a big affect it has on our receptors when we still have this constant trickle of these exact chemicals being broken down and reabsorbed by the body.

Only saying this because over the last few years since our government has become more relaxed on our canabis laws and opened up sales of CBD products my perceived quality of the stuff I’ve been getting from my suppliers has just been going down, I can get something new and within a day it barely has any affect on me. So I figure start looking at the less hybridised varieties out there, I’m particularly excited about destroyer from cannabiogen. Really hoping I find something good there

4 Likes

In my opinion, lab testing in some ways has become a detrimental tool. People are using it to chase numbers, instead of relying on smoking and judging by actual effects. If you want $$$ in the industry, right now, big numbers bring big bucks. Another 10 years, and I think it’ll be widely recognized as incredibly naive.

21 Likes

i think its the consumer driving big numbers, and i think the consumers are being mislead. total thc numbers dont mean much if your smoking it and its all thca I have a cart thats 80 some percent total thc, no thc though, it doesnt do a thing as far as buzz

4 Likes

and i think the reason is they buy something it says 22% total and they don’t get high, we want more!

1 Like