White powdery mildew, what do I do?

I hate sulfur and half the time it doesnt work or last, frustration after years of pm battles, the cease won. But nothing compares to the mycorrhizae that molasses creates.
The fermented plant juice foliar is best because it contains all of the natural local defenses and base molds possible. Take a list of your local edible plants, gather those in the am before major sunrise. Mix with brown sugar in jar, let sit one week and strain, add 1 tsp to a gallon and bam.

2 Likes

What’s the name of the bacillus That is the active ingredient in Cease ?Is it something like bacillus Subtillus?I have a product I’ve been using called Probiotics by MicraCulture that I used for my transplants now because I never get that wilt thing any more and I get a nice boost of root growth to the point I almost have to flip pots again.The probiotics and copper combo might have something to do with the Pm going away too maybe?

3 Likes

in time, you can test those theories if you want. For example if you get rid of the mildew, then you can get another infested plant from strainly, and try to cure it up with one treatment, and do the other treatment on a different infested clone.

1 Like

I used sulfur to eradicate the mildew in the greenhouse outdoors. The secret is to really understand the life cycle and what plants it can host on. The mildew can only re-infest if you bring more into the grow, after it’s been sterilized with sulfur.

3 Likes

I have read that the powder mildew is in the air we breath, dormant, but there. Conditions and susceptibility are it’s door openers. Un Sulphered molasses sticks everywhere and almost always grows mycrhorrizae, it kills most pests, all with exoskeletons. It opens plants from nute lock and gives a balancer to nutrient uptake. I use it indoors now, but I have always used it outdoors. There is instant benefit from foliar spray during veg, then only soil additive and teas after that.

2 Likes

That information is incorrect. Also, really easy to falsify, I proved it was false 4 times now.

5 Likes

I’m a big fan of using 2tb micronized sulfur per gallon and then using it is a dunk or spray. Just becareful not to use it in combination with alcohol/oil sprays like Plant therapy.

9 Likes

Also the plants I treated were started from seed.the pm came from a cutting I had I that had a couple little spots thought the neem oil treatment had cured big mistake.Marc’s gear didn’t cause the pm I never got a cutting of him.

1 Like

I don’t know for sure and I trust your investigating powers, so here is something to talk about:

2 Likes

@Astrodude and @JoeCrowe
Here’s the scenario…I grow in a damp area. Always damp. My room is near a creek with nettles, Joe pye weed, tons of slugs and snails in the summer. That kind of damp. I only have 4 plants, but 3 of them i consider very important. They are small, and would be easy to dunk. There is nothing outside growing anymore, with the exception of a few inches each side of a drainage ditch that feeds the creek, allowing some water plants to continue life.
Can PM live outside at this point?
If i use sulfur, can a reinfection happen in winter? This year we are having freeze/ thaw weather patterns. What conditions allow PM to reproduce?
Is there anywhere to buy fpj? I don’t know what I could use to make it at this time of year. Could i use molasses only?
@JoeCrowe what post did sulfur discussion begin?

3 Likes

Ah spore denialism again lol.

3 Likes

nettles, Joe pye weed - Both are edible. JP weed is an herbal tea medicine!!!
They are your answer, take/gather these early in the am in spring. I know you have clover and dandelion near you. Get some local honey too, make sure its the bee keepers homemade. gather it all add brown sugar, two weeks later strain, mix with molasses and store in cool place & you have the strongest defense you will ever be able to assemble.

Then get out and get some forest floor dirt, (Pull back wintered leafs, gather black dirt from forest with some mosses from area.)
Grow your own good mold and no bad mold can compete. That is why Cease works so well.

1 Like

2 Likes

If you go back to post 679 and read from there, most of the babbling has stopped and it’s focused on eradication talk with sulfur. You can start reading people’s real life stories about how they finished it off once and for all. If you go back further, you can see how schmarmpit eradicated the powdery mildew and proved the 2 sprays works. People will still come in here and claim it doesn’t work, though! lol!
Oh I forgot to say the mildew parasite will only be hosted on zinnias and cannabis, so treat anything within 6 meters to sterilize the hosts.

2 Likes

Oh yah the APS article is more my style. That is some straight up gold! The maximum yield one… blah. They DO have some excellent info - don’t get me wrong, but their eradication protocol isn’t clear. I can provide you with some evidence and an experiment you can perform.

ok there’s the image capture in phase contrast. Can you tell what that is an image of? Botrytis. Do you see any mildew?
Experiment phase:
Run your humidity up at 75-90% for a month and a half, check to see what pathogen develops.
Observation: only Botrytis Cinerea can be found.
Conclusion: Powdery mildew organism is not present.
Logic: Conidia from powdery mildew isn’t everywhere.
I actually have some far more startling experiments I performed outdoors as well on mildew.

1 Like

Where’d you get that, Joe? I love zinnias :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is this thread still going?

Do people still get pm?

1 Like

I created a monster

2 Likes

Apparently only if they have infestations within a 6 foot perimeter.

1 Like