Who plays video games?

I sent him home tonight with an fx8350 black edition. 16gb 1600mhz Corsair vengeance. Asrock 970 extreme pro 3. By the time that GTX 1060 arrives and he’s got a PSU. He should just about be able to run VR.

The Oculus is epic. Cancel life I’m done ha

2 Likes

Is vr awesome? I’ve been considering psvr to go with my ps4 but I’ve always been skeptical…
I wasn’t one of those guys that fell for 3D thankfully

2 Likes

Too early for me to give a definitive answer and I’m mainly going for sim racing. It’s literally just the setup and the bit with the robot I just did on the Oculus and it’s an unreal feeling. (The stardawg I’m smoking may be helping)

2 Likes

I like rpgs too…i still pop in the elder scrolls oblivion from time to time.im 42 still have my atari…and still have my comodore 64 and play heroes quest…we have a xbox 1 and we like all the call of duty’s…but the new graphics and resolutions realy make me motion sick after a short time…

2 Likes

I’m an RPG fan too but lately everything needs a constant internet connection. My PC died on me and I went out and got a xbox1 but after I got it home it needed tons of updates and every game needed half of it’s data downloaded.
My internet sucks out here so that took several days.
I played final fantasy7 on my phone in the mean time but now I’m finally in my home away from home in New Vegas eradicating powder gangers.
I hang out in Skyrim from time to time, and occasionally visit fallout 4 but the Mojave always pulls me back

2 Likes

Salutations,

What game would run on a tiny fan-less box like this:

Extremely Compact MintBox Mini 2 Linux PC Launches June

Good day, have fun!! :peace:

3 Likes

Spliff of stardawg and time for dirt rally VR.
@legalcanada what do you race on bro I’m sure I seen a post of yours saying it was your thing too or did you mean actual car racing

The gigabyte board box you see is definitely not in my build by the way just to clarify

9 Likes

I’ve been into Pc gaming for a while, Though I must admit I suck at most games and have not played much lately. Some faves were Mass Effect 1-3 Mostly adventure games and such, I remember playing the Game Riven back in the day, it was like being transported to a different world! It’s just too bad I suck at most games, I blame it on ADD! … Some other good old games are, Half Life 1-2 , Unreal, Grim Fandango, DOOM, Resident Evil… :grinning:

3 Likes

right on - i game on ps4 all of the time. anyone play anything competitive? Playing For Honor right now personally

Hardly fits under a TV.

sorry bro im not sure i probably would have said i got in to all kinds of pc gaming except racing games. i used to play LoL, WoW, CS 1.6/CSS, CoD4 etc

2 Likes

I really need to stop smoking chemmy buds. Head turns to absolute mush haha. Mrs cola keeps asking if I can get wow in VR. Shes got no chance I’d end up widowed lol

4 Likes

that would be awesome! casting spells with hand gestures and stuff…

1 Like

I lost a girlfriend to Lego lord of the rings once…

4 Likes

PS3 and PS4 borderlands 1 and 2 along with the presequal resident evil 5 and ffxiv a bit have other games

1 Like

Are you playing borderlands on PS4?

1 Like

:crazy_face:Forza for Xbox one is a great game assassins creed is amazing :+1:

1 Like

I want to try fortnight. looks pretty cool.

any of you familiar w/giantbomb.com, the bombcast?

:evergreen_tree:

I think its a great game if you don’t mind the cartoonish style. (and the dreaded 3rd person bullshit)

However if you want a more realistic battle royale type of game, PUBG is a great option.

If you wanna crank the realism even further, then the original BR mod for ARMA is the way to go.

Personally I only play FPS games so thats why Fortnite is a no-go for me. PUBG first person only mode is my favourite form of battle royale.

1 Like