Within 3yrs none of the plants we grow will still be produced?

Interesting stuff… I think some folks may be misinterpreting this timeline of three years. I think ( and I could be wrong ) that the director of PruF Cultivar was speaking more so to what Pruf Cultivar/ “The Industry” will be running in 3 years

It is important to note that since we have so little understanding surrounding cannabis in terms of scientific study and employing the metrics we do have is constantly shifting the “industry” - for example due to current testing parameters, cultivars that consistently test higher in THC are selected for production on larger scales, leaving “less desirable genetics” to go out to pasture as the metrics prove that at point of retail the number one question is how does it test for THC.

This is happening on a gargantuan scale in Big Canna, in fact, I would be surprised to hear that any big facility continues to run the exact same genetics they are running today, 3 years from today. Things are constantly improving with the help of science, breeding efforts and the injection of billions of dollars from big canna, does this mean that you as a hobbyist/small scale producer will only be running patented GMO cannabis strains counters why the industry is making these progressions - so that it can be handled as an agricultural crop more so than the artistry of craft cannabis.

Craft cultivators and proven genetics will always have a home in the medical cannabis realms IMO not only because we won’t ever have access to these engineered strains, but quite honestly I haven’t encountered a mass-produced recreational product that compares to small-batch craft.

7 Likes

Nail on the head. They’ll cut cost but we wont.

5 Likes

My belief is with big business and their scientists, once federally legal they will grow these plants that produce excessive amounts of certain cannabinoids and terps for the purpose of extraction. Once extracted they will offer them like regular Ejuice with the ability to mix and match things as you please and create your “perfect blend” of terps and cannabinoids at whatever concentrations.
Or they will use the extracts to create their own formulas to “reapply” to sheets of processed material to make a standardized product of prerolls much the way the tobacco companies do with cigarettes.

Which will be acceptable to many casual users but to those of us that have a passion for this plant these ways of doing things and these plants they create will be of little to no interest. So we will always have our plants and with legalization growing we don’t have the stresses that caused many previous strains to be lost.

1 Like

Ahh the day that actual cannabis terpenes are being used, whole profile or just in parts.

1 Like