Hyped thc numbers

7 Likes

Thc levels seed company’s use are usually exaggerated to bring in more sales. If you fall for it shame on you.

5 Likes

This does not surprise me

5 Likes

People talk about thc levels and never talk terpenes…

Yall realize that your thc level can be 35% but if your terpenes aren’t there, it’s just trash… it can look as frosty and bag appealing as you want, but without teaming terpenes… you’re just smoking sticky plant material

13 Likes

Agree crazy how that works but seen it in person in Denver @toastyjakes

4 Likes

Standard is 20%, samples that come under get resent until they make the mark :wink:

2 Likes

I always run with 15% for mine just as a ballpark

3 Likes

5 Likes

I laugh when people say " I get my weed from the dispensary". With that better than attitude and chest in the air. If they only knew how unimpressed I am.

4 Likes

Tell that to @ReikoX :rofl:
His stuff is usually covered in trichomes.

3 Likes

I think if they let you sample it the would be screwed! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Let me tell you. One pheno of cherry white will have dab tokers white out. I can guarantee you that if I get that incredibly powerful plant tested it would be unimpressive on paper

1 Like

I’ve been doing for us for so long now, I have lost all DESIRE to even visit a dispensary.
I can never do it as perfect as the players, but BFD, at least I’ll know exactly I’m ingesting.

1 Like

I got to go along with @toastyjakes . I find THC numbers are just a marketing tool to get the uneducated to buy their product. For some reason folks have been fooled into believing THC is the be all end all of your bud when in reality it’s just one component. Good weed is like a good soup or stew, it needs the right combination of things to be great. Think of THC like the beef in your stew. Now imagine if that stew consisted of just water and beef, would be a pretty horrible stew. Now take half the beef out and add onions, potatoes, carrots, peas, celery, spices, etc. Now we got something that is going to be much more satisfying IMO.

12 Likes

Yes, this is why designer cannabis get weak on the second to third time you toke. The chemovar is too max out on the thc end so there is barely any other cannabinoids left in the trichs.

Pz :v:t2:

2 Likes

This the number I use for my extracts math also.

2 Likes

Shame on them actually :pensive: (seed companies and dispensaries) lol :sweat_smile:

1 Like

The word we’re all looking for here is “potentiation” and it’s your friend.

1 Like

interesting subject. while i was living in legal Oregon i grew for extraction. primarily to make high-grade shatter, pull snap, and terp sauce.

in 5 years there i went through about 70-75 strains. it was very important for me to know the thc and terpene content for that market.

i was in eugene oregon and we had multiple testing labs to choose from.

i got wildly different reports from them.

i had to explain to one of them that i wanted real results every time even if they made the product look bad.

they all want your business so they have a tendency to tell you what you want to hear instead of reality.

but on a personal level i don’t give a shit what the percentages of cannabinoids and terpenes are as long as they have the effect i want.

i have recently grown out high thc strains that really had the high and were covered in trichs but were just bland.

just say no to dispensary weed!

7 Likes

True that my friend

3 Likes