Would you use 2 lights or 1?

Yeah that’s the thing it’s a Vivosun vs2000 you’re standard panel design, so it is more sun at the ends

1 Like

FWIW outdoor plants are happy up to about 100-105f if there’s some shade cloth…above 104-105 they start wilting but will come back to turgid after it cools & they have sufficient soil moisture.

And IIRC some greenhouse operations run even hotter with high humidity :man_shrugging: but I never saw the flower :joy: so whatever

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

I’ve got a light controller that’ll dim the light when it hits a pre set temperature, i wouldn’t recommend that controller tbh but maybe it’s a standard feature on others?
The Ac infinity is a cracking controller for not a lot of money but I’m unsure about its features.

They’re available under different names I’ve had a few problems with my one i don’t rate it.

2 Likes

Two lights running at half wattage will make more photons than 1 light running at full wattage. Basically you will have better spread and higher efficiency it’s a win win.

2x4 tent is 8 sqft. A good tule of thumb for most white led based lights is 35-40w per square foot should give you good enough intensity to flower. So in your 2x4 you would want 8x35w= 280w. So I would dim both your lights to 75% which would give you 300w total running which is reasonable for the space. Another thing that helps cool tents more easily is put the hose to your extraction fan to the top of the led on the drivers. It really helps cool the tent.

2 Likes

2 lights evenly spread would be better, since 1 light may only cover part of the tent unless its a big light. Temps can get up to 85 without much issue honestly. You can also run your lights at night when its a bit cooler and have them off during the day when it gets a bit hotter.

6 Likes

Thank you @VIVOSUN for the input!

3 Likes

This is real good advice.
If you can move the drivers outside the tent that would help a lot.
Also if your exhaust vent sucks air right across the light it will suck most if not all the heat out of the tent.

3 Likes