Will a bigger grow space help with heat?

I think my 250w QB is too powerful for my small area. I vent my air and have three fans at max, but its not helping. I grow in a 1.7’ by 2.7’ area and am thinking of buying a 3x3 tent. will that help any?

1 Like

what are your temps?

250W quantum board - is that 250W based on actual current draw?
Check your driver specs. Some drivers will support dimming if so that is a possible solution.

Cheers
G

2 Likes

@Souptopus yeah a 250w QB in that space would be quite high, and yes a 3x3 would utilize that light a bit better, but lets jump back to your thread about 4 weeks back, if your running at those temps and light levels , first temp is fine you can run upwards of 30-32c or 86-90f plants will just transpire more, also could turn up your light to say 50-70% in your current space, just monitor your temps, but what do you have going on ventilation/circulation wise… how things looking now and welcome to the forums.

@Souptopus should get so journals going if your comfortable with it, noticed you should too @Gpaw :wink:

4 Likes

I have a dimmer, will that effect yield or maturity time?

1 Like

Roger that. I need to get my butt in gear.
I have no excuse as we self isolated 2 weeks ago (cabin fever setting in)…
So yeah, you are right… time to self-motivate.

Thanx
G

3 Likes

grow journal by No_nuts - GrowDiaries myplant

Ac infinity with 3 fans for ventilation

2 Likes

That’s what’s nice about hps, you can air cool them.
I run 600’s in 8sf.

2 Likes

I don’t really know much about them, but I dont have the extra exhaust space for one.

1 Like

@Souptopus get a grow journal going here, people will follow along, happen to have a shot of your entire space ?, also which ac infinity fans and how are they hooked up, but otherwise you look fine.

2 Likes

A 250w led wont pit out that much heat. I’m thinking you prob need cooler intake air.

In theory which there’s alot ifs ands and buts here.
Depending on your room size and ventilation.
How long will it take for the heat source to overtake your space?
Is there a way to bring an outside source in to cool the room down?
Is it cool enough naturally to offset the heat you’re bringing in?

2 Likes

is your driver mounted to your light fixture? removing the driver from the grow area would help keep temperatures down

2 Likes