WTF Grow: The Malawi Tiger got an Anestesic Bomb

Yeah, Golden Tiger and Malawi are getting big !!
31 days on 12/12

———
Malawi

———
Golden Tiger

———
Anesthesia

——-—

Had some pH problems, got some ugly leaves there, but the new growth looks fine. I am a bit lazy on this one, some things going here, but doing what I can.

Bit loving these crazy stretchy girls !!

9 Likes

Nice chunky stems there, you can tell these would be crackers outdoors. The Golden Tiger is a monster plant, one of the largest I have seen when grown a full season outside, it will likely stretch for a while yet! The Malawi have the most amazing oily mango skin smell, any of that developing yet?

4 Likes

Holy shit what a change since your last post, some monsters there! Is that the bomb in the front left? Thing is a HOG lol

3 Likes

@slain: This Malawi have some hints of the smell that you are describing rubbing the stem. I can really think that I understand what you mean and if it develops on this direction that wil be great !!

@beacher: Black Bomb indeed is the front left girl. Amazing vigour, branchy and small internode distance. Loving this one too.

3 Likes

So I am a bad dad. The pretty indica is Anesthesia (#8) and the runt actually is the Black Bomb.
Sooo, sorry for this mistake.

Without further ado, here is my day 33 (4 weeks and half) update:
A bit difficult (as expected) to find the sweet spot for nutrient concentration. Anesthesia wants more and it is already a bit too much for both Malawi and Golden Tiger. But doing my best here :slight_smile:

Everyone is growing nicely, Malawi and Anesthesia pretty much stopped the stretch and are concentred in filling up. Golden Tiger still have stretch fuel to burn ! Loving each one of these ladies.

Some pics;

Anesthesia:

—————
Malawi: Filling up yay, loving these sativa buds forming up :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

—————
Golden Tiger: Dad, I want to grow taller !!

6 Likes

Weeds so good he couldn’t even remember the name!

Edit: which is, ironically, amnesia :smile:

2 Likes

hahaha noooo is Anesthesia !!! hahahahah

1 Like

Malawi will finish taller too. Im in love with her buds hahha

3 Likes

The Malawi/Panama I tried outdoors this year grew so tall I almost needed to beat the fkr back with a big stick!
Last year the golden tiger was pretty much the same. Just fully bezerka when it comes to vigour. Pretty awesome genetics in a lot of what ACE come up with in my opinion.

2 Likes

How nice to see an indoor grow with this two lovely beasts, GT and M, so far two of my favourite strains. GT wasn’t spectacular concerning to taste and aroma but love the high. Oh, yes!! I found Ace Malawi a little bit different from other Malawis I’ve tested; it is powerful, yes, but not so “speedy” as expected and when I smoke too much, never had any problems to go to bed :wink: it is not couchlock and not made too relax but… Well I don’t know how to explain in English, sorry.

4 Likes

44 days of flowering (6 weeks and two days)

Made some mistakes at the last nutrient change (too strong) and my pH probe died so the mix was really really low before I discovered. So now have some ugly burns here and there and leaves at funny colors.

Anyway, they are filling up, and the Tiger refuses to stop stretching. Looks like I will need to remove my carbon filter next weekend to get more vertical space. Wife will love it (hint: no).

Perhaps can I blow the air on it and put it outside the tent ?

Well, here are the pics:
Malawi:

——————————

Golden Tiger

——————————

Anesthesia

8 Likes

Nice looking grow! All plants look great. The Sativa are big leggy girls.

4 Likes

They look happy as man. The GT looks like it has another month to go yet! Thai genetics are amazing, but holy crap they are loooong flowering. I have a Thai that goes more than 130 days!

4 Likes

You can blow through a carbon scrubber for sure. Its not totally ideal because a) most fans prefer to suck against loads rather than blow, and b) dirty air will be going into the filter from the middle…more crap etc will get into the carbon which will potentially wear it out faster (thats why they have prefilters on the outside)

Its really not a big deal though, especially if its just for a few weeks or whatever. It’ll work fine.

That golden tiger is a gorgeous plant!

4 Likes

Week 10 update.

Anesthesia still refuses to mature, the sativas, as expected, still have some weeks to mature.

Golden Tiger

——————————-

Malawi

——————————-

Some close-ups:

12 Likes

Harvested like two weeks ago, at 12 weeks flowering. Some amber here and there, but I prefer this way (very few amber).

The Golden Tiger have an amazing grape smell, really sweet and delicious. Coated with big trichomes, just beautiful. The plant structure was great too.

Here are some pics of this pretty girl:

—————————
Malawi: Spicy / Trash smell. The trash smell bothered me, but now curing it is becoming more spicy and less “rotten vegetables”, improving. It is a complex aroma that I am still not sure if I like it.
The structure on other hand was amazing. A breeze to trim.

———————————

Well, now the loooooooooooong cure begins !!

9 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Awesome grow. Hold on, I’ll be right over.

I have these as well. Can’t wait!

4 Likes

Amazing work! OMG. Those colas you pulled down are bonkers.

I’m going to be running MalawiXPanama and Golden Tiger next, this is total inspiration though I’ll probably never be able to blast off plants like you did.

Is that an Aero, or RDWC setup you have? I couldn’t see any feed lines from above so I assume aero.

3 Likes

And I want to subscribe on your grow when you start this girls !!! Thanks !

120 liter DWC (oxypot).

Lots of air generated by a HAP-80 and big ceramic discs.

Nah, just flower them small or heavily horizontal trained. They stretch a LOT (expected). Had to remove the carbon filter to give them space. The genetics are really great.

4 Likes