Yellow, starting from veins, on new growth?

The good news is that growth rate has picked up and the color is far saner.

Not as good news is that large fan leaves went this route, which looks like a dash of everything :laughing: Anyway, I’d probably be chopping off these big fans soon for training, so little plants can eat up while I figure out how to improve their lives.

My original “GO Box” had all the same base nutrients and supplements, but I think they’ve slightly tweaked the formulas (my original “Root” was NPK 1-1-1, new bottle is 0-1-1). Referenced chart matches my chart almost exactly in terms of schedule/amounts, aside from cutting out some of the supplements earlier into flower (N/A here). Anyway, given that they have two instructions about keeping pH between 5.5 and 6.5, I’m glad their semi-condoning what I’ve been doing all along, and correcting my mistakes by giving me a lower range than I’ve been using. About 75% of the feedings for these two plants have had a pH above 6.5, so if the friendly multinational agricultural company thinks I should feed at a lower pH, I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt this time (as I cook up some super soil and brew exciting teas).

Oh, and in answer to your last question: top water, about 25% at first to moisten the soil (stupid hydrophobic peat moss), and then slowly feed in the rest several minutes later.

Anyway, will give it a few more days to see how things progress and update further.

1 Like

I am assuming you had a ph fluctuation and lived thru it. :grin:

1 Like

You can use aloe and make sure your soil doesnt dry out and the peat moss will suck up the water like a sponge:) aloe also has lots of benefits in your soil!

1 Like

Hi Oranje,

What are your temps and humidity ? Do you have max / min grow meters ?

They appear to have some nute burn on the ends of those fan leaves, also possibly low humidity and high temps can make the leaves curl at the edges like that pic.

As suggested before we are assuming deficiency or lock out from incorrect ph, it could very well be over fertilisation, toxicity.

Question; Are you using ph and ec meters when making your nutrient solutions ??

If those were mine I would be flushing everything out of the soil and starting my feeds from a low ec again and bringing the feed up, a low feed is ok because I would have removed all the fan leaves and only left the growing tips and branches, so they dont need a high feed at that point, I would also be including a root stimulator. I would be chopping / cutiing all those fan leaves of and only leaving the new growth tips. I would be measuring what comes out from the flush, if in an 11-15 litre pot I would be running like 50 litres of water through the pot to rid excess nutrient build up and re - balancing the ph.

The plants will droop like hell after this, so I then use a metal spike to push from the top of the soil down to base of the pot I put the air holes in lines of 5 in an 11 litre pot so 25 holes in each pot, allowing the pot to drain completely I actually use a knitting needle, this enables air and oxygen back into the soil after a monster flush.

Ahem. Just in case future generations stumble across this and wonder what happened…

I repotted my little Space Candies into 3.5g buckets, using Coast of Maine “Stonington’s Blend” super soil topped with Happy Frog, plenty of extra perlite, and 2cm of composted bark mulch on top. So, 4 weeks after my last update, and 1 week into flowering, here’s how the plant above looks :grin:

I will, of course, start a thread for my current flowering run once there’s more to show. Thank you all for the advice in helping me get my girls back into good health.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update. Ha! Ha! It’s not nice to leave a cliffhanger.

1 Like

Anything I’v ever read about plant discoloration starting at the bottom of the plant (mobile nutrient )and moving up throughout the top and reverse for immobile nutrients starting at the top and moving down . This is at the top or new growth my assumption would be iron or sulfur. Further observation indicates yellowing around the pertiole first with green tips suggest fe def.

Treatment soil Ph 6.5 or less avoid fert containing excessive amounts of maganese,zinc ,copper which inhibit Fe Also high levels of phosphorus compete with uptake of fe. organic sources of fe include cow horse and chick manure that’s well aged. Hope this helps!

1 Like

Just stumbled on this piece of gold! Thank you!

2 Likes