Yellowing and other problems

I had an old friend/mentor of mine come by last night. He is an organic only man he has been growing raising plants and animals for 40+ years. He has a nice sized orchard, grows sunflowers and has a couple hundred bee hives.

I put the plants in a new pot a little over a week ago. My friend said the plants where root bound in the smaller pots and they depleted the soil. They must have been in shock for the first few days after the transplant so the continues to lighten. It took a while for their roots to grow enough into the new soil to feed properly.

I also found out from him the fungus is a harmless saprophytic fungus.

Here are the plants from earlier this morning.

Thank you all for the helpful suggestions. I have learned new things about growing from you all.

7 Likes

Most soil-based mediums have all kinds of mold spores in them and will germinate if/when conditions are just right.
Also, most fungi are saprophytic, not pathogenic, and are harmless to plants, people and pets.

The saprophytic fungus growing on your medium is most likely caused by high soil moisture and may be remedied by mixing equal parts of hydrogen peroxide and distilled water in a spray bottle and spraying it on the soil.