12/12 from seed

Eww don’t do that hahaha

But I know that’s how @Pedro_Bann does most of his grows

6 Likes

I did @toastyjakes and even went through all the stuff in the garbage can, lol. Was quite the rabbit hole.

4 Likes

P.S. still never got my seeds hahaha been like two years but that’s neither here nor there…

Would be perfectly acceptable to breed at 12/12 from seed

2 Likes

LOL, and nobody got the spray :rofl:

Well I think I will drop those Grape Punch after all. Will veg them as long as I can before tossing them under 12/12 but it’s great to know that I can go from seed at 12/12. They won’t get a big as the Sour Bubble but at least I can get the seeds I am after.

6 Likes

From 12/12 they end up as budsicles if you prune them right
622b69d01e63947f1c0a4561a100c69026615287_1_375x500

28 Likes

Very cool, that cola has the potential to hold a ton of seeds, thanks for the pic.

6 Likes

I do this almost every run…
12/12 from seed gets your plants about 3ft tall finished in 2gal pots.

I’ve also done this loads of times in party cups.

12 Likes

It will make the next generation grow faster.
It’s all passed down in the DNA.

“Fuck, our parents didn’t get much light, let’s fucking rock this shit.”

7 Likes

Yall miss took the old mans kindness. He could walk in the jungle with a tire and a tack…come out carrying a lion on his back…

4 Likes

This thread is genius.

Gonna do this for my current run and prune them like this.

11/13 light/dark from the get go.
No side branches.

It’s exactly how I’m gonna get the maximum out of my current stacked pot setup.
And a faster turnaround.
Humidity is perpetually low here so zero risk of budrot anyway.

Thank you so much for sharing all this valuable information everyone.
I love this place.

8 Likes

Hey @DougDawson I’ve got a grow going now that was 12/12 from seed. I harvested 1 Tuesday evening (Feb7th) and gonna harvest another tonight, have 2 more that aren’t ready yet trichomes aren’t all cloudy yet and haven’t seen any amber. I will gather up some pics from the beginning as well as take some of how things are currently and post them for you abit later.

2 Likes

Not at all, I am actually still reading some about his adventures here like all the seeds in his bank being clean F8’s. I must say I do like “Stay cool, high and take time to fly.”

Me too :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Fantastic @rob0781 , I love pics :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s What’s Up!!!

2 Likes

Does he got any Santa Maria in stock?

2 Likes

Lol, not sure but they looked good in 2018.

72dc60d59ed3fd49f882c2480bca4c972b6f6e73_2_666x500.jpeg

18 Likes

The only time I ever made a cross was with indianguys wildberry and a critical hash plant female and I did it the way Subcool back in the day did his pollenting diaries back in the day like 2005 :slight_smile: :slight_smile: phish back in the day lol I had my wildberry male picked out and ready when my CH female was like 4 weeks bloom and I took her out and AWAY put a garbage bag over her and taped it tight around the base of the pot and cut a slice out and pulled a big cola thru the bag and taped that off tight around the stem and shook my male all up on her female parts really good then took her outside and soaked her with the hose or rain making sure all the pollen was seated and not being carried back into flower room. It worked on that cola had ton of seeds called that strain FYU take a guess what that means. Wish I still had some of those

4 Likes

It definitely should work for this. Like many have said they still generally take 20-24 days to show sex, then start flowering.

Since you are growing for seed, and not bud you won’t mind that sometimes they stay super small if it is a more indica strain.

As an example the Turkish Gummy I ran on 12/12 from seed was probably only a 6-8 inch bud when finished but made plenty of seeds for me.

If you were growing 12/12 for bud, it works better with a more sativa leaning strain. Here you get more of a single cola plant maybe 18" tall.

Here are a couple examples:

Tahoe Gold - Stayed pretty small maybe a 12" bud.

Abusive Diesel maybe 6-8"

And a super small Northern Lights x Blueberry. Can get plenty of seeds even with a single bud plant. Not much smoke though! :grinning:

The more sativa strains do better if growing for smoke.

Panama

Panama Pink resized

Goji OG

25 Likes

I do it all the time when I sprout my seeds, they go in my Phototron or in the winter time like now they will be on my window sill and have mother nature sex them for me…when you start with 12/12 you’ll find out which seed/sprout is the true male/female/hermie. After they show their sex I reveg the female, let the male flower and collect the pollen, hermies I cull…btw, in the equator seeds start off 12/12 in nature…

12 Likes

It’s quite a revelation for me.
You can grow like double the amount of plants in the same space than when topping.
And have a faster turnaround.
It’ll look like a mini pine forest.

8 Likes