16 oz. Comp. Trial Run + Perlite Bed SOG

I’ve made qwiso before, but not sure if I did it right…do you do anything at the end to be sure all the iso has been evaporated completely? Is that the same as green drag or rso?

2 Likes

used to grow in a greenhouse in AZ …it was perfect…it was 8x14x20 ft( i grew other things in it too) …my plants where so so wonderful … loved it when my friends would come over and i was able to ask them what strain they preferred to smoke …at the time i was trying to see how big of a cola i could grow …the biggest was 24 inches long …it was the whole plant on one stem…and just for fun i dried it that way and during the holidays i brought it out and gave everyone that came over some of it :smile:

3 Likes

Awesome!!! You can come up north for Christmas!!!
It’s funny how you grow in a space, but it is never enough…lol…I grew in a 1’ x 1’ x 2’ homemade micro box. Said, “ugh, if only I had more room!”. Now growing in a 2’ x 5’ x 7’ space and saying, “ugh, if i only had more room”.
Lol.

3 Likes

24 inches…fook!!!

green dragon is a tincture made with bud and either 151 run or ever clear …it has to be really high in alcohol to work …any way grind weed and bake at 240f for about 1 hr …i put on a cookie sheet and cover with foil …i use one oz …then put it in a quart fruit jar and fill with ever clear and shake the crap out of it for about ten min or so …i shake it a while and let it sit then shake it again cause 10 min of non stop shaking is to hard on my old arms …then u strain out the weed and i have a little tiny crock pot i put it in and let it cook down until it is about 3/4 cup left …it is super concentrated at this point and i take about 2-3 mil at a time …but i am a light weight and my friend takes 5 … we tried to take it straight but it was holy shit that burns so now we add it to a couple swallows of something like coffee or soda … i am older and my lungs are not so good i like it because i do not need to smoke much the rest of the nite

3 Likes

If you want more info on Green Dragon tincture, check out my thread.

3 Likes

am i doing it right ?

3 Likes

Haven’t checked @ReikoX tech yet…but we dont have everclear here…we have cardi 151 proof…but I thought 99% iso was better…151 bacardi is for food service rather than medical usage. Do you do any kind of purge? I dont have a vacuum anything, but an actual vacuum.
@ReikoX
@riverlady

2 Likes

Does decarbing prior to cooking increase yield or potency? Never heard of that before.

2 Likes

Green Dragon tincture is for drinking. You need to decarb the bud so that it works orally. ISO will not work because it is poisonous to drink.

If you are making smoking dabs with ISO, that’s fine as long as you purge well. In that case decarbing is not necessary.

5 Likes

I AM going to get cancer…besides changing my habits, how can I use cannabis to my advantage?

2 Likes

151 works great …the decarb is because your not heating it as you do when you smoke …it makes it more potent as it changes the chemistry of the thc and other things when it is heated so they make you high obviously when you somke stuff it gets heated so its not necessary …when ever your doing edibles you should do this … and never ever drink iso its wood grain and poison …i use an off brand of ever clear they sell at the store here …its the same but a bit cheaper …

2 Likes

Is this a good recipe for cancer patients? I want to stock up before I get the news…stable at sub-zero…put it in the freezer and and it’s good for when I need it?

2 Likes

all this worry over cancer will probably not help …my brother was a great worrier …he got stomach caner when he was 49 and died last summer …eat well live good be happy and de-stress… that is the best you can do for your self … hugs to you

2 Likes

4 Likes

Hey @Tappy good to see another 16 oz grower going on! Lol I have two photos going as well as an auto just over a month now on the youngest seem to be doing pretty well how’s the watering going? Your cup even looks slightly smaller than that … gave mine the haircut last night will try some mainline techniques and hopefully get some stronger lights on them this weekend

3 Likes

Wow I must be a real light weight I can feel the effects with just 1/2 ml.

4 Likes

This project has become somewhat neglected. I just take water out of dwc and add some tap water to bring the ppm down. Dwc ph 6 ish…tapwater ph about 7.5+ …so the water they’ve been getting has been high ph…

3 Likes

Figured I would just get rid of this…was just to screw around with. Got maybe 2 grams…lol…but a “free” 2 grams. Maybe cost me $2 to grow…maybe more. .08 cent per kw/h running a 50 watt for 12 hours a day for 50 days
1000 w ÷ 50 w = 20 (5%)
$0.08 kw/h x 0.05 power per hour = $ 0 .004

$0.004 to run my 50 watt light for an hour.

$0.004 per hour x 12 hours per day = $0.048 per day

$0.048 x 50 days = $2.40 for my ~2 grams

Makes me think I should try it again and push for the gram per watt…maybe try and do it properly…lol.

Lol…is my above math accurate at all?

3 Likes

Math adds up to me. It can be a pretty cheap hobby! Hard to measure smiles per watt but my radio is doing pretty good :grinning:

4 Likes