16 oz. Comp. Trial Run + Perlite Bed SOG

Haven’t checked @ReikoX tech yet…but we dont have everclear here…we have cardi 151 proof…but I thought 99% iso was better…151 bacardi is for food service rather than medical usage. Do you do any kind of purge? I dont have a vacuum anything, but an actual vacuum.
@ReikoX
@riverlady

2 Likes

Does decarbing prior to cooking increase yield or potency? Never heard of that before.

2 Likes

Green Dragon tincture is for drinking. You need to decarb the bud so that it works orally. ISO will not work because it is poisonous to drink.

If you are making smoking dabs with ISO, that’s fine as long as you purge well. In that case decarbing is not necessary.

5 Likes

I AM going to get cancer…besides changing my habits, how can I use cannabis to my advantage?

2 Likes

151 works great …the decarb is because your not heating it as you do when you smoke …it makes it more potent as it changes the chemistry of the thc and other things when it is heated so they make you high obviously when you somke stuff it gets heated so its not necessary …when ever your doing edibles you should do this … and never ever drink iso its wood grain and poison …i use an off brand of ever clear they sell at the store here …its the same but a bit cheaper …

2 Likes

Is this a good recipe for cancer patients? I want to stock up before I get the news…stable at sub-zero…put it in the freezer and and it’s good for when I need it?

2 Likes

all this worry over cancer will probably not help …my brother was a great worrier …he got stomach caner when he was 49 and died last summer …eat well live good be happy and de-stress… that is the best you can do for your self … hugs to you

2 Likes

4 Likes

Hey @Tappy good to see another 16 oz grower going on! Lol I have two photos going as well as an auto just over a month now on the youngest seem to be doing pretty well how’s the watering going? Your cup even looks slightly smaller than that … gave mine the haircut last night will try some mainline techniques and hopefully get some stronger lights on them this weekend

3 Likes

Wow I must be a real light weight I can feel the effects with just 1/2 ml.

4 Likes

This project has become somewhat neglected. I just take water out of dwc and add some tap water to bring the ppm down. Dwc ph 6 ish…tapwater ph about 7.5+ …so the water they’ve been getting has been high ph…

3 Likes

Figured I would just get rid of this…was just to screw around with. Got maybe 2 grams…lol…but a “free” 2 grams. Maybe cost me $2 to grow…maybe more. .08 cent per kw/h running a 50 watt for 12 hours a day for 50 days
1000 w ÷ 50 w = 20 (5%)
$0.08 kw/h x 0.05 power per hour = $ 0 .004

$0.004 to run my 50 watt light for an hour.

$0.004 per hour x 12 hours per day = $0.048 per day

$0.048 x 50 days = $2.40 for my ~2 grams

Makes me think I should try it again and push for the gram per watt…maybe try and do it properly…lol.

Lol…is my above math accurate at all?

3 Likes

Math adds up to me. It can be a pretty cheap hobby! Hard to measure smiles per watt but my radio is doing pretty good :grinning:

4 Likes

Lol…hahahaba…very good. I like that line…smiles per watt…lol right on.

2 Likes

Very nice! And looks like a lot of fun ! Love your attitude for sure ! My concern with clear cups I’s that the roots (I have heard,and don’t remember where) grow away from the light and feel as though it’s more comfortable for them to block the lights to the roots,ever ten cups or so I use a clear one with a red or blue one over top,so that I can get a visual on root development,yet they don’t get the direct light,I really enjoyed following along ! Oh did I mention you have a great attitude brother !
Grow on!
Overgrow !
Peace and love yeah !

2 Likes

Thanks much! It was a fun little project. I didnt really take care of them. Water was not ph’d, watering schedule was consistently inconsistent, and like you said, I used clear cups. I found them at the bottom of the box and had a whack of extra babies, so I just threw that all together.

See you all at the next 16 oz. challenge…lol.

This project is officially finished.

2 Likes

It’s a great recipe for cancer. I’m just too scared to Decarb. I’m scared that i will ruin the weed. So I just stick to smoking. It helps me eat, bones don’t feel like they on fire from radiation. I have more energy and it’s great for my ptsd and that’s only smoking it. I can only imagine how good I feel if i did it @ReikoX way. I just don’t have the time or funds, knowledge to do it his way. I wish I did. Would make a great Xmas for my family. Maybe one day when I’m not scared and actually have weed to spear. Try it. From what I read. You won’t be disappointed

3 Likes

I to don’t ever have extra cash or buds,I would like to say if you where to save stems and shake,or can spare a half gram to a gram of bud or resin,I personally enclose my THC material (flower/resin/hash) in to a sealed glass jar ,with a table spoon of oil to be in nfused ,can add a touch of water to recover the most possible,I throw that into a pot of boiling water/low simmer ,I guesstimate that it takes 20 to bring internal temperature up,and decarb (simmer)completely sealed for another 45 mins ,I then let it cool to room temperature without ever opening the container, until cool ,at this point can strain and use in recipe,or tea ,or separate oil from water in freezer and use on toast or I’ve use it under my tongue in an emergency situation ,I hope this is may help,pray all is well with you friend ,I’m pretty sure this will stretch out my resin,as a gram of actual resin/kief/glands that I’ve been using will last me 2,3 sometimes 4 days ,and my god the therapeutic effects are unmatched ! And thoughly invigorating !
Whereas that same gram is good for one or two doobies ! Peace and love all
PS,hope I’m not way outta line ,by sharing that info peace !

1 Like