18-6, lights on for final 10 days of flower.?

Gorgeous :heart_eyes:
:dash::dash::sunglasses::v::canada:

2 Likes

No cat hair on the bud is the low bar for good pic for me :laughing:

9 Likes

I’m not sure if this was a question for opinions on the subject but if it is I’m gonna say

NO!!!!!!!!!!
3 Likes

What’s the worse that can happen? Chopping it very soon but I just don’t know if it’s worth 50% more electricity for ten days. I’m always down for a new excitement lol

2 Likes

A couple of worst case scenarios might be

Hermaphroditism
Revegitation
Stoppage of flowering
Significantly Less yield
Halted trichrome maturation
Loss of aroma and or flavor

Against what was the claimed “upside” ?

One mans opinion… this is crazy talk . I must also say if your main concern is the electric Bill your in the wrong racket.

5 Likes

Every innovator was called crazy at one point. Rasta Jeff seems pretty knowledgeable.

3 Likes

I am with @Bostonbud on this one. Zero value, increased rick of instability and decreased potency. You are just freaking sexy ladies out using folklore.

Many years ago had two grows where the mechanical timer had failed and I did not catch they had been replaced with veg timers. The plants had been under 18/6 for a little over a week. All it did was ruin what could have been stellar crops. Sorry, makes no sense at all to do it intentionally.

6 Likes

I just fail to see the point. Why not just grow really good dope in the first place?

You could put nails through all the stems and leave it in darkness for 6 weeks. Also guarantees of triple yield.

4 Likes

At what point in flowering did the timer fail? Check out grow from your heart podcast , the guy consults on large commercial grows and produces irie genetics.

2 Likes

This topic really hit a nerve…running it now 5 days and looking fat and dank. No sign of reveg or herms.

2 Likes

Maybe burn off terps. Many plants I dont think would use all the 18 hours of light at the end of flower and the ones that do would probably start to reveg after a week, hence monstercropping. I need more evidence before I would go to 18 hr light in the last week, I prefer it colder and less light the last week or the last few days.

6 Likes

In both rooms it was around week 7+ for a 9-week flower. The same strains were running in 2 other rooms and you could tell the difference. Terpenes were screwed and the plants just looked unhealthy; which is the only reason I investigated in the first place.

Do you have strong experience with the exact same source strain grown in the same room?

Sorry, but I have heard such weird crap from some of the cannabis podcasts and videos that I take most of them with a very large grain of salt. Guys bragging about stuff that simply defies credibility.

3 Likes

That’s kinda strange,I’d be more worried about the plants going back into veg,unless their autos

Hard to believe what people are telling you these days

4 Likes

I don’t trust anybody who calls himself “Rasta Jeff.”

12 Likes

What name would instill trust?

3 Likes

Yep I’ve read about the 10/14, and 11/13 and complete darkness for the last 3 to 7 days to ripen off.
Revegging does seem most likely to be the outcome.

2 Likes

Something a little less idiotic?

5 Likes

I go 11/13 for a week, then 10/14 for strains that just don’t want to finish and keep putting out fresh hairs. Usually does the trick

4 Likes

With all of us indoor growers there must be lol

Thanks for that mate I had that happen last grow, I was confused!

1 Like