Regs don't sell?

Nobody wants to buy regular seeds, according to the guy who runs Neptune seed bank.

Hmm… my last two orders were all regs. :thinking:

What do you think?

22 Likes

I buy regular preferably but I wouldn’t turn my nose up at fems.

4 Likes

forums are prob not the place to gauge that, even tho there are many running fems, there are also many running regs here… but if you go to IG were most of the market is at/moving… youll only find fems.

13 Likes

I like both personally.

7 Likes

Regs = can flower, can breed, can F2.
Fems = can flower, can STS.

I’m indifferent unless i’m not.

32 Likes

i hadn’t thought about it but should have since i’m gonna start selling seeds. it couldn’t hurt to take a clone and turn it to get some fem seeds but i think i’m pushing it breeding for seeds on the same farm i’m growing hemp. i’ll probably stick to regs for a bit anyways.

5 Likes

I think when things don’t sell a prudent business would lower the price to move inventory. :moneybag:

Plus it’s almost the end of the year inventory time.:chart_with_downwards_trend:

And Bonus it’s the Holiday season in many places…:gift:

Marketing! Marketing! Marketing!

Bring on the Sales!

Having cake and eating it too!

11 Likes

Black Friday & Cyber Monday weren’t that great this year.
I found the best deals around Veterans Day.

4 Likes

I feel like a small majority of people are actively choosing regs nowadays, you have to consider the recent influx of hobby, Rec, and rookie growers who only care about growing for yield and yield alone. I’ve actually never bought fems off a site but if I have an option to have them added on as freebies, I will.

6 Likes

It has been like this for some time. This conversation was being had online ten years ago. Now that many places have limited plant counts to 6 plants per person, seems like it would be easier to know those 6 seeds will be 6 plants you can smoke.

It is just replacing risk of male plant with risk of herm plant.

16 Likes

This. If you can only start 6 seeds, and you’re just growing for personals, you don’t want to roll the dice on either getting 1 fem or 5, or maybe even 0. Why go through that amount of mystery when you can just plant 6 seeds and know you will finish 6 plants

6 Likes

I believe it. My first grow was all fem. I think most people like the idea of growing their own, but they dont really care enough to understand whats out there. I thought my first white widow fem from seedsman was the real deal lol

10 Likes

I want to buy regulars, but of autoflowers :grin:

6 Likes

3x3 tent no room for expansion for anytime in the future so, feminized for me.

3 Likes

Fems have definitely gotten more popular over the years ,I personally buy regs but if some breeder has something I like in fem seeds I will buy it comes down to personal preference

1 Like

Regs are fine if I’m trying for seeds. -preferred even. But typically I’m growing for personal/family smoke in a state that restricts homegrow to 4-plants. Ms. Longtooth gets a little bent when I buy regs. (I still do.) She’s of the mind fems save time and produces the buds and we do love the buds….

4 Likes

Regs regs all the way!

14 Likes

What if there were no regular seeds? Nothing but bottlenecked strains bred by the few. Do we really want a Mansanto type of environment to invade the cannabis community? The availability of regular seeds gives everyone the ability to breed your own strains and keep diversity going for cannabis enthusiasts.
Think what would happen if the availability of all these genetic lines of cannabis just disappeared and there was nothing but fem lines of cannabis to choose from.
Personally I truly enjoy creating my own strains. I do so solely for myself. Doing so I have learned a lot about how to pick certain males and females to create what I seek.
This is why I only buy regular seeds if I can find them.

31 Likes

My math above still applies and this is the only reason I buy Mephisto directly.
3-6 beans + STS + time = MOAR beans!

It’s all season’s pass maths. Day ticket = $50, season’s pass $112.
Go once: they made money off you.
Go twice: same.
Go thrice: you just saved money on all 3 entries
Go ____: the savings are exponential.

A buddy of mine did this with Canada’s Wonderland as he lived in Maple (same town the park is in). He made it a point to go in 1x a day for the entire season making it pennies a visit :rofl:

Using this same logic I take $20/bean and forge it into 0.01c a bean!

This is my auto flower game, and soon enough my MK Ultra (T.H.Seeds) reproduction.

14 Likes

I use regs occasionally. Especially when trying to refresh a femmed line and add vigor. But as a personal use grower, fems are what fills my jars. Ita why I dedicate my 1 gallons to fems and 2 liters to regs.

4 Likes