1996 seeds - Got 2 to germinate

That’s why I’m calling it 1996. And post above that saying regardless of what it is it’s exciting . Just what I was told and the 80 year old guy who gave them to my friend is passed away.

12 Likes

I will say they are funky at a young age , and smell like garlic . Double serrations , over under fan leaves , old traits I’ve not yet seen in todays poly hybrids

12 Likes

Man. That plant num 1 is wild looking!!
Super cool stuff. Keep up the good work!

4 Likes

Should get the sex tests back next week - if the post hurry’s up lol

9 Likes

Those plants sure have a different look to them, gonna be a very interesting grow.

6 Likes

Thats super cool! Seems like they’re going great so far.

Very interested, and gonna follow this grow!

Gnarly looking leaves for sure. Thats so great!

Good luck!

3 Likes

Best of luck on your project @LunarLeaf ! It’s really neat resurrecting such genetics.

5 Likes

Seems to me email results would be best for that business model… nobody needs paperwork or “cerificate” for a plants sex…

Cool thread!

4 Likes

Looking good !
Best of luck with the grow !!!

7 Likes

Exciting stuff. Rooting for something exceptional!

3 Likes

That’s really cool you were able to get these old “96” seeds to pop. I will definitely be following along to see how it all turns out. Good luck!

3 Likes

Waiting for what I sent to show up to the lab , the results will be emailed

4 Likes

How much info can the lab produce? I inherited seeds that have been in a refrigerator for 20 years, that have germinated 100% 3 times but they came from an order of three mixes. Could they be tested for DNA to figure out what strains?

2 Likes

An 80 year old dude wouldn’t pass you seeds called “roadkill skunk”. Please stop. lol. This is getting comical.

1 Like

lol “please stop” someone asked about the story on how I got the seeds , dude died in his 80’s seeds are 28 years old . Gifted from my friend , no need to be cunty

8 Likes

I’m not to sure if xy chromosome testing could really tell much other then gender , but there might be some type of test out there possibly.

1 Like

Hopefully there is some kind of DNA test. I know some are from this Joker mix.

4 Likes

As much as I wanna know the dna & relevance to these as well, but tbh just mostly wanting to see the flavor , could be different or could be similar , I honestly won’t know till flower , unless they are both males , but I’ll have a little plan to work with these and see if there’s anything worth it In them

4 Likes

Moving fast now - and the little one is growing out of the funk forsure - slowly but surely

23 Likes

I recently saw a comment about selfing males which I had never thought of before and I can’t find much in a quick search right now but what I remember from someone’s post on here they said s1 seeds from males turn out mostly male and some female, seems like that’d be a viable option on the chance they’re 2 males

4 Likes