1st attempt on hydro. 4 clones in Ebb & Flow DIY system

Hello ppl

I’m on my first attempt to grow in a hydroponic system. I made my own Ebb & Flow using a 3500 L/h water bomb, 50L reservoir, 4 pots from pet bottles 2,5L, 4x Solstrips X3, HLG-240H-36A, General Hydroponics Flora Micro and Bloom, Silica and Expanded Clay for media

4 clones from OG Kush on this round. I a had an mother with many branches and removed all to do clones, I chose these 4x because was better than others 5x

On first 15 days I feeded my 50L water reservoir with 20ml Flora Bloom + 10ml Flora Micro + 10ml Silica
I don’t remember exactly my PH but wasn’t correct and EC was 0.5.
I checked EC today and was 0.8 and I decided to change water from reservoir because 10L was drained from there.

I drained all water from reservoir and filled with 50L water + 30ml Bloom + 20ml Micro + 10ml silica
Adjusted PH to 5.5 and checked EC and it was 1.0

Every 3 hours my bomb turn on for only 2 min and after 5min my table is completed drained

I’ll divide pics in 2 posts. 1st 15 days and today

Anything that I can improve I’m here to try haha
thanks all

8 Likes

pics from 02/28/19

11 Likes

I started this round on 02/17/19 and took this pics when they completed 15 days (yesterday)

Old school ph tester hahaha

10 Likes

I would suggest to chop the ends from that lid so that you can remove it when needed down the track.

The plants in the corners are looking good.

6 Likes

Yea, I need do it or I can’t remove on future

4 Likes

Hello
21 veg days since I started this round
Og kush clones

8 Likes

@leuh13 Have you grown the herb in soil indoors/outdoor before now?

:wave:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Yup bro @cannabissequoia,
It was a clone that my friend gave me so I vegeted for almost 2 months in soil indoor, cut all branches to do clones and move to hydro

2 Likes

It looks like the white tote you’re using is translucent and the cups are totally clear. Are you trying to block the light from the roots in any way that we can’t see in the pics?

Maybe wrap the whole tote in something to shade those roots. I’m thinking those plants will hold their roots back from the sides of the cups to stay away from the light.

Off to a good start though, good luck!

3 Likes

Im not trying to block light, my tent is exactly as pics
good point of view bro, I’ll use black tape on cups. I think it will be more effective than cover white tote

1 Like

Last day vegging.
My timer will change to 12h/12h in some hs

4 Likes

Certainly seems to be picking up for you mate.

3 Likes

hehe I hope that you’re right
:joy: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I wake up now and was checking plants and found roots inside water reservoir hahaa can someone tell me wtf I should do??
damn

3rd Bloom day

2 Likes

looking a little hungry maybe, are you doing any topping/LST or did that top left corner one grow like that on its own?? nice setup