Paoleschi's first grow (Brazilian)

Hello guys, this is my first grow so i’ll gladly take suggestions and criticism.

Setup:
60cmx60cmx160cm flower tent (which is being used right now as a veg tent, I currently have no plants that are in flowering stage).
40x60x160cm veg tent which can be split into a clone/veg tent.
QB Samsung LM301H 120w with a meanwell driver.
Clip small fan
110mm exaust (will be replaced by a better one soon).
A bunch of 2l and 7l plastic pots.
Carolina Soil LXXVI made of: Peat, vermiculite, charred rice husk, organic waste and NPK (had to use the translator here).
A bunch of high nutrients nutes, currently i’m just using the “start roots” one.
Obs: They have just been watered in these pics below.

The bigger ones are 17 days old and the smaller ones have just been put in the dirt. All of them except the one that’s not really developing are brickseeds, this one came with some beautiful nugs I got the other day, but I guess it’s not going anywhere.

15 Likes

Hey brother, great to see other Brazilians around here.

Ta cool your Setup, with time will perfecting the scheme.

You use a PPM meter, this version of carolina soil, it comes fertilized, and sometimes it can be out of standard. It would be interesting to water and measure the runoff PPM to see if it is within the parameters.

The first time I used carolina soil I suffered from this, I put the seeds in the substrate and they wouldn’t go, when I went to see my substrate it had 3500ppm/1.7EC, because it was out of standard.

Good to check, but it looks like the others are still healthy, I pulled up a chair to follow.

Good luck on your first grow!!

5 Likes

How exciting to be starting your first grow, Welcome!
To add to what @tiocranius has said - know your soil. Those plants seem a little young to be feeding just yet. Most soils have enough nutrients in them to carry ya for three to six weeks. I also notice that the leaves are wet. I would never do any foliar spraying with the lights on. Those lights could be powerful and might burn your plants. Don’t be afraid to make mistakes. We all did it, lol. Just learn.
Other than that, keep us posted and dont be afraid to ask questions. Good luck!

4 Likes

Hey @tiocranius, I actually read your journal on growroom but can’t say I remember much, sorry. I’ve been studying a lot of cannabis growing the last few weeks.

I didn’t check the soil when i first started, but i did check yesterday for all of them and the ph/PMM is 6.7/300-350 on the young ones and 6.5/500-550 on the older ones. I guess that’s alright for now, but next week I’ll be using some of the nutes I got on the older ones.

Thanks for following.

1 Like

Hello brother, thanks for the tips. I did some foliar the other day with diatomaceous earth because I thought I saw some gnats and the leaves had a bit of leftovers and were a bit “painted” white, so I did again a foliar with just water to clean it up, guess it’s a mistake ?

Appreciate it.

1 Like

Hail bro!! Welcome!
I’m also Brazilian and new here in the OG community, but I already feel at home with so many good people in one place.
I wish you a wonderful cycle in your garden!
What strains are you growing?

2 Likes

If you must spray leaves, I suggest doing it right before lights out.

1 Like

hello hello, thank you for the wishes.

they’re all brickseeds (prenseeds) except for the one that’s not developing.

that’s what i did, actually the lights went off while i was doing it.

1 Like

Welcome to OG my friend. And you’re off to a great start!

1 Like

Acompanhando aqui mais um brazuca!
Following here, one more brazilian!

1 Like

thanks brother :).

1 Like

Fala irmão, beleza ?

salve mano, puxando meu banco aqui e acompanhando, qual vai ser a alimentação dessas plantas?

shout out my friend, geting my stool and starting follow, what’s going to be the nuts of these plants?

salve do BR meu irmão! keep growing

1 Like

Welcome.
I’ll be squatting in the front row. Good luck.

Yes

1 Like

Salve meu mano, quando eu comprei as paradas do grow eu ganhei nutrientes da high nutrients, nessa sexta que passou agora reguei com eles pela primeira vez (apenas as plantas que já estão com 3 semanas) e ficou em 350ppm a solução, o runoff saiu com 650ppm.

Hello brother, I will be using nutrients from https://www.highnutrients.com.br/programas-de-nutricao.html, got them as a gift when I bought all the grow stuff.

Appreciate it brother.

Transplanted a 3 of the older plants, I will make a proper update soon. All of the seedlings except one are out of the dirt, guessing it’s not gonna make it. Also one of the seedlings leaves got some burns, I haven’t sprayed it with anything so maybe it’s the lights ?

1 Like

This one is a bit weird, couldn’t make my mind if i should give her up or keep going. What do you guys think ?

1 Like

Brasileiro não desiste nunca! :muscle::muscle:t5: