2 4x4s or an 8x4

I’ve got two 4x4s in my room one has autos rn the others veg. I’m gonna be flipping everything in veg now at pretty much the same time and I’m just not sure if I want to do it in both tents or pick up an 8x4 and run half with my fce4800 and the other with either the 3 leds I have in my veg tent(450w total) or hps in half. The one 4x4 does need replaced it’s had some cat attacks the other is an ac infinity tent so it’s in great shape.

5 Likes

I think dual tents offer much greater flexibility to accommodate any project you may have in the future.

The way I see it - the one big advantage of running 1 bigger tent is less equipment… but since you are already running 2 it’s a mute point.

A secondary advantage is overlapping lights, done right, the light spead is exellent.

12 Likes

I agree with @Mithridate regarding the flexibility of 2 tents. You have options for veg/flower perpetual, auto/photo, male sequestering, etc. Once you’re in a 8x4, you don’t really gain anything, you just lose those options.
I feel you on the cat thing though, my cat has done a number on my 2x2

7 Likes

I have a 2x4 going in my kitchen too, plans are to eventually kit room out to 48-75sqft of flowering space and 16-25sqft of veg space. It’s just an ever going project.

2 Likes

My 3-3 tent I bought at Walmart lol fuxing thing has more rips and light holes,have gorilla tape over some of the rips

I should probably get a new tent

3 Likes

The ac infinity’s are solid af and really reasonably priced.

8 Likes

Have to check them out

2 4x4’s for the versatility or the 1 4x8 if you can stay on top of keeping it dialed in, efficient and have the plants to keep it filled. Just my thoughts on it :+1:

4 Likes

Light leaks aren’t a problem in veg. It is mainly a clement controlled environment. My veg tent was a sieve from the start My second tent is well made and use to flower,

:green_heart: :seedling:

4 Likes

Do auto flowers care about light leaks?
Over never grown one, and I’m curious.

2 Likes

Nope not any I have grown. I usually grow them in the leaking tent. Sometimes I throw them in the 12/12 tent when I need room in the veg/clone tent. And sometimes throw them back and forth,

ps all my autos were from reptible growers/seed banks.

3 Likes

Thanks for the response G!
Sorry for the hijack

1 Like

I had a 4x8. It got old needed replacing and prices went up. So I saw the ac infinity 4x4s you mention and 2 of them was only a few more dollars than a cheap 4x8 since changing I don’t regret it. One 600-1000w hps slams each 4x4 and it’s easier to clean one room at a time then empty the whole 4x8 just alternate when each tent finishes and clean fill ,chop other tent clean fill. Idk I think it’s easier plus allows for easier separation of things.

3 Likes

depends on what ur plans are. obviously 2 4x4s offer more versatility.
once u figure ur plans out and what you want to do that will show you the way to go
personally the way i grow i like multiple smaller tents.

2 Likes

Yeah my crappy one has autos going right now. It’s really beat up, the zippers are half torn from the fabric at all the doors. I could still get away with flowering in it since it’s strictly for growing as long as both tents are on the same light cycle. If I go with 4x4s it’s just a new tent, if I go the 4x8 it’s a new tent, new exhaust fan, probably one or two more tower fans. But long term that’s all stuff I’ll need anyways as I increase capacity.

1 Like

@HeadyBearAdventures , light leaks won’t bother the autos. They flower when they want too, lol😉

3 Likes

Thinking it’s gonna be 4x4 veg, and 2 5x5 flower tents when alls said and done. My next 4x4 harvest should cover a 5x5 setup with plenty left for running costs.

2 Likes

All my tents have light leaks lol I’ve never had a hermie plant

That’s gonna be a great :+1:t2: setup and I am just getting started with growing and I read the thread, so the ac infinity tents are worth the money I’m looking for a decent tent without breaking the bank but I hope that they work out happy growing

1 Like

Yeah, I love mine. There’s a knock off brand that’s pretty decent but they’re literally only a few bucks cheaper, my kitchen tents one, DongguanXinTanWuJin brand it’s decent.

1 Like