Thoughts on (2 in 1) tents

So I am thinking of pairing my HLG Blackbird with AC Infinity CLOUDLAB 864D 2-in-1 Advance Grow Tent, 60"x48"x80"

Amazon.com: AC Infinity CLOUDLAB 864D 2-in-1 Advance Grow Tent, 60"x48"x80" Thickest 1 in. Poles, Highest Density 2000D Diamond Mylar Canvas, 5x4 for Hydroponics Indoor Growing : Patio, Lawn & Garden

and then using these 30 watt 150 watt equiv LED I bought last year. They tear it up with seedlngs and clones I’m on my second year with my seeds and starts and this little 22 light kills it and I dig the tripod :slight_smile:

Whats everyone’s thoughts on the 2-1 advance tents??? Peace

3 Likes

I have no experience with the AC 2 in 1 but I’d be inclined to get two separate tents.

What if it leaks? Even a little? It’s a problem with some of the cheaper quality 2 in 1s

4 Likes

ya that would be problem

2 Likes

Not saying it will, but I’d be concerned about it.

2 Likes

FWIW I’ve got a smaller version of this and I love it.

4 Likes

Ya hoping someone else has this model AC infinity and gives me the scoop

2 Likes

this little 22.00 LED killin second year seedlings

3 Likes

so no leaks obviously if you love it!!! Good to Know!!

3 Likes

I haven’t had any troubles with light leaks or cross pollination, I sometimes keep males in the smaller area. The separating wall velcros, it’s easy to get a good seal. Mines a cheap brand too I’m sure the AC is much nicer

1 Like

amazon reviews are all over the place. I only believe half of them. Glad I got plenty of time putting gear together.

2 Likes

I think the 2 in 1 tents look like a great idea. But I did read somewhere that there was tons of light leak from one chamber into the next.
That would mess up photoperiod plants. But if you were growing autos it would be fine

1 Like

Ya I have read some reviews there aren’t a lot with the 2-1’s I have pretty much scratched the 2-1 idea. Just gonna go with a standard. Peace.

2 Likes

You could germ, clone and mothers in the one sides and autos in the other but I wouldn’t do 12/12 and 16/8, 20/4 ext. in the other. But, if you have another tent to flower in.

:green_heart: :seedling:

3 Likes

You have to be careful when Turning the Carbon filter exhaust for example if you are venting the air into the other compartment for heat like I do.the compartment swells up from the positive pressure and can mess with the Velcro seals make sure they are hitting both rows of Velcro and you will be fine.I had a light leak pop up from a small Velcro delaminate and I had to zip myself in the tent in 100 % dark to find the leak.Periodically check and you will be fine I have multiple girls in flower right now and I have males in the side compartment.Just pay attention to your shit everyday and if there is an issue have due diligence and find the issue and correct thr problem that how I caught my herm issue with the light leak.It is nicer for piece of mind to have a tent inside away from your other tent just to rule out cross contamination but when it happens it happens.when I collect pollen I flower my male inside like a house plant.Haven’t had a problem yet

2 Likes

Yeah that’s a dealbreaker for me :rofl:

4 Likes

I have thought about it before because of cooling reasons. The out side tent needs to be bigger. You want to keep it simple. I cover my stuff for the blanket. Or a thick tarp. I have like curtains between my tenants

1 Like

I know it sucks but it’s like the only thing that saves my ass lol

2 Likes

I mean, I’m not really one to talk, my veg cab (which leaks like a sieve) I also sometimes use as a secondary flower tent but I’ve learned to live with it.

It’s the not being sure that would kill me :joy:

1 Like

I actually revent all my tents. I’ll use one to cool another one. But I always have negative pressure because the other tent has a fan in it also. I only do it for heat reasons.

1 Like

I got the idea off a Jason Silva video it’s actually pretty bad ass my veg plants live that extra heat and it keeps my flower tent at a constant 83 degrees 78 in the wind of the fan.I love it

3 Likes