2 days darkness before harvest really work?

I have heard this as well and have done it in the past. Not sure on levels of THC etc being elevated, but how terpenes work, the terp level is highest right before dawn for the most part because heat and radiation is not making the terpenes off gas/evaporate as much. They build up their natural defenses at night. So for a multi day dark cycle, I would not think it would benefit as much as one would think for various other reasons having to do with function/metabolism of the plant, but in the case of harvesting at “night” before the lights come on, their is some benefit to that indeed.

8 Likes

Is it an old tale to take co2 tank and wrap plant in big bag, blast with co2 til bag gets ice on it. Let sit 5 minutes, remove bag. Stand Back, Boom 7 days of monster growth.? Asking for a friend…

3 Likes

I am no expert… But here is my take on it. Growers in the past had used co2 tanks to blast plants to try and pump them up and would only really add some cold stress to the plants and trigger more anthocyanin production and therefor a more purple or colorful plant. Co2 should be used supplemental to the environment and the light output and nutrient uptake should be balanced to the new level of co2 in the room so everything is working like a well oiled machine.

4 Likes

I have used naturally created co2 for 30 years.
When we want a plant to finish quicker than it wants to, we bag it and blast it, 14 days outside to chop.
Plump like a mother, IME
Try it and deny it!
bottleco2

6 Likes

So it’s a “study” that doesn’t actually exist haha.

“Studies show that people are saying there might be rumors of some benefits; here’s an anecdote that says it goes up 30%”

“Lose UP TO 30 pounds with Dexatrim”

I’m telling y’all, focus on the basic fundamentals and not some esoteric ritual you heard about from some guy. Buy a new A/C, buy a stronger light, buy another fan…don’t waste time chasing extra grams with penny-smart-pound-foolish “techniques”.

11 Likes

I could see the cold shock kicking in its defenses and finishing faster or producing a little more frost (and possibly nanners) because its like “Ooh no I guess its time!”. Always cool to see/hear the techniques people use to nudge the plants along at the end.

2 Likes

You happen to know the PPM increase you get in a room with some simple CO2 generators like that? I used some in the past for my fathers grow, but too many other crappy variables to know or see the benefit sadly.

1 Like

You aren’t gonna wanna hear what I have to say about plant teas then lol.

5 Likes

Well I guess the “cold” shock may not be a factor since you are using generators and not CO2 tanks. Durp im dumb.

2 Likes

You want a good cure… cannatrol

3 Likes

You shouldn’t see any ppm increase in your feed water…your pH might go down slightly from extra carbonic acid but the fermenter-CO2 jugs really don’t produce a ton of gas…A little when the reaction is going but it tapers off really fast and requires constant refreshing of the solution.

1 Like

No ppm measurements, I’m dumb, but a follower, my friend has put one of these contraptions under every plant outdoors and it makes huge difference on a lot of fronts. Pests, Good Bugs, Mold Growth, etc.

1 Like

I was talking about CO2 air PPM

Gotcha, interesting indeed. I know people have used CO2 to fumigate plants for pest management in the past, liked that idea a bit.

2 Likes

Less than you’d imagine. You need a lot of sugar and water to generate a significant amount of CO2 in a non-sealed grow room. If you have a sealed room with all the bells and whistles, you’re going to want pressurized CO2 anyway.

Maybe a cabinet but it’s gonna be more trouble than its worth no matter how you look at it, plus you’re gonna have to exhaust that space from heat anyway, and your CO2 is now gone.

1 Like

Yessir, big difference in final product, but it is a dehydrator, and many don’t like it. I love it, have used it and believe it’s better than freeze dried product

1 Like

Not only a dehydration… a perfect vapor locked cure… there’s a difference in drying and curing

1 Like

Freeze dried is for commercial people who don’t care about finished product quality… only care about speed and numbers… fuck em

1 Like

@vernal Ya I could see that being an issue indeed.

@Astrodude I am curious if something like vinegar/baking soda or citric acid setup would be better for bagging and pumping co2 into for that fast blast of CO2 since yeast can be a bit slow to release.

1 Like

I haven’t even gotten to use mine … it’s brand new, but I have researched it… and I have to say… I’ll do it no other way man…

1 Like