2020 Cannabis with Meesh

:rofl:

:evergreen_tree: at least a week, wait until hay goes away :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Hey @meesh. My grandparents grew nice crop of raspberries every year and I was the to do the fall work on them. I donā€™t know what your plants look like but all you have to do is cut out anything dead at the base and pull it out. Otherwise your fine. You can also take some live cuttings from them and simply plant directly into the ground

5 Likes

just in case you get hit with a big pieceā€¦donā€™t worry when it dries it will flake off.

1 Like

From what was passed in to me from a co worker some species you trim back and others you donā€™t ā€¦ raspberries form on old canes I have one in my north flower bed only a few came in old wood think it depends on how or when they fruit is what is determined

4 Likes

worrrrrrrd. :sunglasses:

:palm_tree: :cityscape: LA Meesh knows all 'bout the :nose: 'cane :laughing:

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

Thanks. I think Iā€™ve read that one. Iā€™ll hit it again and see it makes sense this time, lol. I need to thin mine out and separate the older canes from the newer one. I wish I had a genius come to my house and apply it to my small patch. Iā€™ll get it.

2 Likes

Today was my Manā€™s birthday and it felt a bit sad to me as we have pretty much celebrated it on a tropical island on this day for the last 5 years. Something to look forward to again, I suppose.

Drying space has been opening up on the rack, Iā€™ve got 4 layers open right now and will have another 2 after Skunk 1 goes in to cure Saturday night. So, the men are taking down the Cackleberry tmw morning. I have a client for most of the day, so a day off from trimming for me, but Saturday I will be up and at the UFS at 5:30 am. At this moment I plan to start taking down the Cheezus Christ on Sunday and Monday, Iā€™m certain I will run out of space during the cheese, so I have 2 lines that I can run, weā€™ll probably have to trim on the stem and hang some dry. This will be interesting. I have to go check the date on the Orange Goji that is drying, but Iā€™m pretty sure it has at least 5 days still before it goes into the bucket. The next 4 days are gonna be a hellish trim jail, but once we get the cheese down, we are done for the year! Yay!

Tested some fresh dry of the Skunk 1, Last yearā€™s plant was some great smoke, but this yearā€™s plant is much stronger it seems. Guess my soil has gotten even better this year with the amendments. Even the few plants we had to take early are pure fire. Too bad the blues were young, I can only imagine if they had made it all the way to ripe.

I can barely contain my excitement to take down the UFS. Never smoked it. The UFS and the Spectral Tangerine were the most resistant to bud rot and caterpillars of this yearā€™s crop. It was a very subtle and low odor plant for a skunk until it started to really ripen. It is a scent blast full force right now! She is ready! Oddly enough, I only smell citrus on her though, not exactly skunky smelling. Regardless, so ready to try the real first skunk bud.

Dad waits 45 days to try the buds that are curing! That man has some willpower. Hell no! Maybe I feel like I have to test it at every stage cuz they are my babies or Iā€™m just impatient as hell. Jury is out.

20 Likes

Well, the guys took the Cackleberry down this morning. They said that they cut out a lot of rot. Looking at what is drying, the pieces that survived were big beefy chunks at least. About 5 gallons worth, but dense and really heavy. Iā€™m really excited for it to dry and test it out. It smells amazing!

UFS tmw, first thing! Itā€™s not a huge plant, but it should be a good haul as it has no damage.

23 Likes

Well, maybe if you grew scraggly, larfy ā€œCharlie Brown Christmasā€-style plants instead of those monsters, youā€™d have fewer problems :wink::laughing:

11 Likes

Thanks, Friend! :blush: I fear the scraggly larf may lie somewhere on the Cheesuz Christ. As she was the most untamed. Iā€™m not looking forward to taking her down except for the smoking part. Iā€™m pretty curious how much larf sheā€™ll have. At a certain point, I could no longer keep up with pruning her so I gave up. lol

3 Likes

How do you find fem seeds compare to reg seeds for outdoor? Any difference or concerns? My friend grows 20 big trees and asking me if he should try fem seeds next season.

2 Likes

First test of 17 days cured, Blue Gelato 41. I grew this plant just to see what the gelato craze was about. Keep in mind I had to take this one early.

Blue Gelato 41

Blueberry
x
Sherbert x Thin mint girl scout cookies

Taste wise sheā€™s subtle afā€¦ personally not loud enough in flavor for me, but cookie strain fans would probably dig it. I can taste thin mint gsc on the top and a watered down fruit flavor on the bottomā€¦ creamy on the finish. Itā€™s all very subdued.

The smoke is smooth. Really smooth. I am a cougher and this one doesnā€™t make me cough. Could be I actually did a proper cure or itā€™s the strain, Iā€™m hoping both. Still a hazy high, spiderwebby if that makes sense. This one is gonna be a sleepy time strain for me, not doing much for aches or pains though. I feel really tense underneath the high. Itā€™s probably already in my mind though, itā€™s been a day. Iā€™ll have to check back and test the high again tomorrow. So far, decent enough strain. Itā€™ll be interesting to taste my buddies version when hers is ready.
Nothing epic or craze worthy in my opinion, but Iā€™m not a huge gsc fan either.

10 Likes

Some very discerning folk take issue to fem seeds, but I prefer them. I have found no difference in quality. Itā€™s just easier and faster to get them into the ground without having to sex them, plus aside from the rare herm you donā€™t have to worry about pulling males a day too late and seeding your garden.

I donā€™t use any artificial lights at all, and since I only grow for bud and try and avoid making seeds, it just makes my life easier and my plants get much bigger going in the ground sooner. I have 9 spots in my garden that I need filled with bud, so I have to wait to plant the regs while the fems are already in the ground. Not to mention, not having to plant and care for 3 times the amount of plants all through veg. lol Thereā€™s that! It was pricey man. I already amend my entire backyard soil and while cheap considering Iā€™m growing a yearā€™s worth of bud itā€™s still like 500 or 600 bucks with soil tests and stuffā€¦ then I have to buy 27 plants worth of pots, nutes and organic soil to root all the plants in only to throw away 2/3 of the plants come solstice, because I grew 3 plants of each strain to make sure I got 1 female.

6 Likes

Iā€™ve never understood cookies. Looks good. Maybe even smells good. But taste pales to a kush. Kush to heavy for kids that want cookies? Why so trendy?

5 Likes

When I started smoking we mostly had mexican brick weed. So understated flavor was the usual, when the Godā€™s were smiling we got skunks from Humboldt. So Iā€™ve always associated loud flavor with the best and most premium smoke. Iā€™m sure thatā€™s where my weed taste buds came from. Maybe since the younger generation came up with all the loud hybrids the more subtle flavors seem more exotic. Not sure. Or itā€™s just each of our weird taste buds. lol

6 Likes

That was the first legal weed I bought here in Illinois on January first of this year and thought the same thing about it. It didnā€™t blow my hair back but wasnā€™t bad either

1 Like

I grew fem. Seeds this year. I think there great. Especially if your limited on space

1 Like

:yawning_face: go back to bed, Meesh :night_with_stars:

:evergreen_tree: :laughing:

1 Like

UFS 18 is down. Half here hanging after wash. A lot of bud for a 5 foot plant. Smells divine!

Dang itā€™s early. Trim jail. Gonna be a long morning

25 Likes

Itā€™s so pretty! Practically no damage at all! :grin:

7 Likes