2023 "Field of Dreams"

Soil test is back! Whoa. So, we’ve established that the DIY test appears to be accurate for several factors there. Low N, P & K high, pH high.

First of all, was it a mistake sifting the soil before sending it? They said to sift out the bigger pieces. Perhaps tomorrow I’ll do some experimenting.

So, before I do wild speculation, what’s the advice? I need N, and I expected my micronutrients to be a little better than they are. Is there anything I need to do about the sodium levels that are high?

What I have: About a yard of soil that needs help. I’ve got a fresh 30lb bag, and about 10lb leftover EWC (they’re the Wiggle Worm Brand 1-0-0). I’ve got about 1.5 lbs of Roots Organic Terp Tea “Grow” leftover from last season as well. I have calcium nitrate too, but that’s on the naughty list this year.

Open to do whatever. They recommend blood meal (about a pound at 12-0-0) for the N being low, and elemental sulfur for the pH. Blood meal, understand that, but would rather add 15x the quantity of EWC if that would do the trick. Sulfur, again, I understand the recommendation, but my sulfur seems obscenely high anyway.

In terms of the micronutrients, what about something like this? https://www.amazon.com/BioAg-Multi-Mino-Micronutrient-Fertilizer-Complexed/dp/B09Z4DXWSS

5 Likes