2023, new year new start....... sourdough start šŸ˜‰

Definitely man. Itā€™s fun. But Iā€™m sticking with ours for a bitā€¦ I have Bodie, OT, Montana, black death, and Alaskan from allution islandsā€¦well see how they turn out when I revive them. I mean still have the ot and the Montana going. Need to feed. Then dry out. :laughing: thank you @Tejas for sending some of the OT.

2 Likes

How do you keep the starters separated? Iā€™ve had problems with other ferments getting pear shaped when I try to do more than one. Specifically I ruined my sourdough starter by putting it too near the buttermilk evidently.

1 Like

Hey there, I keep them in separate rooms and in Tupperware containers. Mine are all in jars. I have three going. And they have not been contaminated. One smells super sour. One like malt liquor and one the white wine. :crazy_face: the start we started on the new year day is the most sour so far. Ot has and Montana have the best rise, Montana is super sour as well. @AppalachianBiscuits

2 Likes

1847 Ot start.

Made a bunch of starter for bread and pizzer doughā€¦ @tejas havnt forgot about you, been super busy. Still need to dehydrate the Montana at the peek time, have not gotten to it.

4 Likes

Oregon trail made bread doughā€¦ Montana start made pizzer dough.

2 Likes

No problem, I just fed mine today :grin:.

1 Like

Right on man!!!.

1 Like

Oregon trail start loaf.

4 Likes

Nice, how does it smell?

1 Like

Really nice and sour. Great crumb awesome taste. Iā€™m loving this dough :yum:

1 Like

Just made another 2 dough balls for loafs later. One Oregon trail and one penal colony. They were both super sour Smelling when I mixed them up so Iā€™m expecting good results. The last loaf went like hot cakes. I think there is one slice :thinking: left hmmm. Toast Iā€™m :thinking: thinking.

4 Likes

fresh out the oven.

3 Likes

Looks real nice. Thanks for sharingšŸ¤ŒI donā€™t bake bread in summer, but Iā€™ve got my starter in the fridge. Hope to be back in here for the start of the fall.

1 Like

Hope to see you back you make great bread!!!. Appreciate it man. I havenā€™t bought bread since the beginning of the year. Mine also keeps longer. And taste better. Loafs of Sour go for 6 to 9 bucks. I cam make them for 1 $ plus electric. Win win all the way. Ima be making bread forever :relieved: :crazy_face:

1 Like

Thanks, but Iā€™m just a novice with the dough, much like growing weed, lots to learn. Your stuff always looks great, especially the pizzas .

As for the price of bread eggs and stuff like peat and ferts :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: basically anything I use a lot of has almost doubled in price. I am firing up the chicken coop this year for sure;). Gonna shoot some game, grow the veggies, and hope to dent the nut that is quite swollen

Somebody better pull their heads out of their ass, soonšŸ¤Ø. $9 for a loaf of bread? Where are we?

2 Likes

No kidding man. Its nuts!

2 Likes

I love our little egg factory!
Back in October we had a quick hit cold snap, and they actually stopped laying. I was devastated, lol. But surprisingly they started laying again by December, snow and all. I was so happy!
Thatā€™s the first time Iā€™d bought eggs from the store in a long time. The price was ridiculous, and the eggs were even worse. Light in color, no fluffy or heartyness, just downright gross. Fricken sweatshop eggs!(I know you get the referencešŸ˜œ) Never again. I pawned the rest of those eggs off on family and friends in the form of deviled eggs during the holidays, hehe.

4 Likes

Btw thanks for the compliment man.

1 Like

Damn. This thread is amazing! Beautiful breads. But Iā€™m super high and now my stomach is growling! :joy:

2 Likes