21 Strain Cross with Reversed Sherb Cream Pie

49 Days Bloom Update

Unit:

The colors are coming fast. PLCG finally stopped stretching.

Data:

The plants have gotten PK boosted twice. They also got final pollination just in the nick of time to finish on day 70 with mature seeds. More on this shortly.

Side:

Center:

Extra Measures

Boys in a Bag:

On the final day of our she/male, I cut several buds that still had pollen in them. Because the plant was resistant, most of the flowers were bananas instead of being fully formed. We had pollen in the air and I was able to shake them to get some pollen distributed.

To maximize our chances of fertilizing the most female flowers, I froze those boy buds in a plastic bag. Once frozen, I then mashed the buds flat and refroze them.

Repeat(no rinse!) until you have a fine mash ready to be painted on any remaining white pistols.

Frozen Mash:

I have done everything possible to ensure seed production, but there are no guarantees in this kind of work. I’ll feel a lot better when I can visually confirm them.

As always, your comments and questions are welcome.

-al

3 Likes

Wow!
That never crossed my mind… how long is the frozen mash viable for?

Cheers
G

1 Like

I have only used “mashed male” daiquiri within days. I would expect the moisture would be problematic.

You can separate out bananas from the bud, freeze dry, grind and store for longer periods.

Some have been concerned about putting silver on flowers and making the target plant herm. This can’t happen because the silver needs the missing Thiosulfate to get into the plant, or is no longer colloidal.

I’ve done the “mash” at least 6 times, and been successful 5 times. So here’s hoping!

Thank you for your interest.

-al

3 Likes

56 Days Bloom Update

Unit:

Lots of color coming in as the girls coast into the finish.

Data:

Just one PK boost and a light meal for the week. It’s time for terps and extra biotics to finish out.

Side:

Center:

Buds n Bits:

Some preggo buds with leftover male bits. Looks like seeds, but we won’t know for sure for a bit.

PLCG:

PLCG towers and shimmers above the fray.

Next week is the last week of nutes as we bring this grow in for the finish. I expect to go full 70 days for the seeds.

-al

5 Likes

Day 63 Walk Through

21 Strain Cross of Sherb Cream Pie - Day 63 Bloom - YouTube

1 Like

Day 63 Bloom Update

Unit:

Data:

Pretty much done eating. I’ll be halving the res and adding terps shortly.

Side:

Center:

Riot of colors.

Pregnant Bud:

PLCG:

If these were for smoke, they would be cut now, however to ensure full seed development, we will run these for at least another week.

Check out the short video above for a walk through at 63 days.

So close!

-al

6 Likes

Day 70 Bloom Update

Unit:

These are very done.

Data:

All done eating. Not really concerned too much about terp retention with seed crops.

Side:

Bud:

Done Buds:

I will start cutting these shortly and update the thread when results are complete.

As always, your questions and comments are welcome.

-al

4 Likes