24/0 to 18/6 caused flower

Hey everyone I Have a ? I had my seedlings in my lil tent on 24/0 for about a month and then moved to the bigger tent, the lights stronger so I do 18/6 well its about 2 weeks later and all my plants are starting to flower theyve sexed and i see white pistils? I had no idea but most my plants are about 12 inches will I get a decent yield ?

3 Likes

Firstly, let’s see pics of the flowering, second is it a photoperiod or auto cuz autos will flower regardless of light.

Also at maturity most plants will start to show sex after 21-30ish days

7 Likes

When you drop the photoperiod abruptly, it can shock them into flower.
It will definitely annoy you to see how long it takes to get them back to veg :unamused:

Like @toastyjakes mentioned however, this only applies to photos.

7 Likes

Yep, this👆 for certain,

2 Likes

Quality will suffer

1 Like

A few indicators of maturity at a month or so is completely normal.

3 Likes

For sure. They’ve been in veg for six weeks now? They’ve reached sexual maturity, and all photo plants will begin demonstrating sex at maturity.
They’re just ready to flip, but you can hold them in veg still, they shouldn’t start producing real flower structures until you go 12/12

3 Likes

THIS. Many times THIS.

6 Likes

And this surprises you, why?

It’s what cannaloop said.

Just because we use 12/12 as a schedule doesn’t mean it’s an optimal schedule.

In nature you will see Cannabis finishing it’s flowering from about 6 weeks past the date where the days start to shorten, till december. For the Northern hemisphere, that is.

1 Like

Thanks for all the info! There all photoperiods,will post pics soon, I see white hairs but will get some shots shortly…from now on I’ll just slowly lower the lighting down or by more bn link plugs on Amazon and set them

3 Likes

2 Likes

I’m not seeing and pistols in those picks

5 Likes

I sympathize & would be a little surprised too.

If you can adjust the 18/6 to 24 for a couple nights then trim it back a half hour at a time to your desired 18/6.

If transplanting to slightly bigger pots is possible, do that & keep the veg feeding going. If not feeding, do it anyway :sweat_smile: just the once.

My only plant at the moment is a flip-flopper that was changed to a flower cycle for determining sex but I left it there for 2 weeks instead of days…:sweat_smile: and now it’s f’ugly

A 12” start isn’t even worth growing for me; not much bud there.

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

I would not worry about this, I don’t think they are in full flower.
Plants will sometimes put out white hairs in veg.
They should stay like this until you lower the hours of light below 18hrs.
Some narrow leaf plants will fully flower under 14 hours of light but this is not typical.

2 Likes

Pre flowers, don’t worry just showing sexual maturity

4 Likes

Ok,thanks to everyone who replied,appreciate it

4 Likes

Most plants are 18-24 smallest is 12 in I’m itching to flip but have more room I kmow, what do you guys think?

2 Likes

Well gotta anticipate stretch, if ur at 2 ft now on some it’s very possible they can flower stretch to 4 ft so question is how tall is the tent? I wouldn’t push more than prob 2 and a half ft tall before flip in a 6ft one

2 Likes

:+1:

Got heat to dissipate too…

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

I flowered ended up flowering I have one kinda looks hermed

3 Likes