Photos flowering under 18/6

This might be a stupid question, but. I have 3 photos in my 4x4 starting to flower under 18/6. I’m pretty sure Seedsman sent me autos in photo packaging. The strain is C99xBlueberry.

I’m cool with having the autos but what will happen when I flip to 12/12 to induce flowering in the other photo in the tent?

Should I just give up the 1 photo I’ve got going?

1 Like

Im pretty sure it wont hurt the autos in any way when you flip to 12/12.

5 Likes

I’m old school and have never grown fems or autos on purpose. A couple years ago an auto popped up in my vegetable garden and started to flower in mid June and usually in my location outdoor grown weed would flower around 2nd. week of August. I’ve always thought that you didn’t have to switch to 12/12 to make autos flower. Am I right or wrong.

3 Likes

I had a weirdo non-auto turn auto on me. I used him to pollinate other autos.

4 Likes

Are they actually starting to flower or are they just mature and showing preflowers? If you veg long enough most will show sex before flowering

4 Likes

Yes, that’s right. You can do whatever light schedule you want, and around a month in they will start flowering. Outdoor they do the same.

2 Likes

I had the same with Seedsman. Do they have too many autos there?? So it’s okay to flip to 12/12. Autos bloom even if the lamps stay on all throughout the day

2 Likes

How long have they been in veg, and what size container are they in?
Also, have they been growing pretty vigorously? How tall Are they currently?
Edit: Just looked at Seedsman and the strain I see is called C99x Blueberry Fast
The cross they indicate is C99, with Blueberry, crossed to a “fast” (autoflower somewhere in the lineage) plant. Cross referenced this to other C99X Blueberry Fast descriptions, and it’s consistent across vendors. Seems you accidentally bought something with auto genetics crossed into it (unless you got Blue Cindy in which case it should be a standard photo, but if it’s C99 x Blueberry on your invoice is the fast strain), and the “Fast flowering” genetics are expressing as auto flower.
Regardless, 12/12 won’t hurt em.

2 Likes

You don’t need to treat marijuana so gingerly, I’m probably going to bloom some clones with a potassium toxicity

Marijuanas a cool plant so you can experiment with it for growing in the future

1 Like

They are full on flowering.

They have been vegging bout 4 weeks in 5gal. fabric pots. They are about 14" tall but I tied them down to 10"

My 3 seeds from seedsman were all males, I’ve got a replacement, but still cannot understand that. How are your autos doing?