4’x4’ - 2x600w HID - First Grow

First time grow… 2x600w HID in 150mm cool tube reflectors, medium is coco chips/coco coir 50/50 topped with clay, top feed drippers approx 4 litre per hour, 3 per plant 5 times daily 2 minutes per feed run to waste, CO2 to be added next couple of days, photos taken day 8 and 10 under HIDs, cream of the crop lemon venom, barneys farm red dragon and couple of freebies, all feminized

30 Likes

@ozzie
Looks great so far!

2 Likes

I would say @ozzie has got it goin’ on brother.

Nice, another new post.

99%

2 Likes

Awesomesauce. Looking forward to seeing a lush green canopy slowly turning into a forest of sticky

HH

2 Likes

set your self up for success man it looks great, what kinda nutes are you gonna run ?

Off to a good start :+1::seedling:

1 Like

Thanks and a cheers to this site and those who make it possible…it’s been my first stop for research during construction of the room and will continue to be now the fun has sprouted.

@Billy …so far nutrients are Nutrifield Coco A+B and a dose of kelp based potash added. I was keen on Grotek but having gone with the coco coir/chip blend as medium, I decided to use a nute base that was designed for coir. After reading up on it I found they are a fair bit different to a 4 part hydro nute base. It’s the same A+B for veg and bloom. They have a range of additives that can be used throughout the cycle to supplement the plant during its stages, so I’ll use some of them too. Sorry, that sounded a bit company sales representative. Coco medium seems more popular here Down Under than in the US. My main reason for using it is it’s more forgiving to novice growers than a straight hydro medium. Anyway, pH at about 6.0 to 6.1, EC 1.0 to 1.2. Cheers

5 Likes

Nice setup for sure.pretty clean

2 Likes

Nice clean setup, and interresting reflectors.

I use adjust a wings over my cooltubes

1 Like

Day 12

5 Likes

Day 14 and a bit of a trim of larger leaves. Topped each plant 2-3 spots. Reservoir drain and wipe out…150 litres refill, 500ml each A and B. Down to 5 feeds 3 mins each.

4 Likes

Looks like a nice setup. I’ll be following this one - I’m also running a single Red Dragon I received as a freebie.
1200W is quite a lot of light for a 4x4? I bet you can get some really frosty nugs.

Gday @blackone …yeah I was initially going to go down the led path but a friend of a friend had a few spares going cheap (fans, 2 600w digital ballasts etc) so I saved big $$ on setup. The led I was looking at was California Light Works 550 with controller. Looking at no change out of $2000 plus here. That’s a hell of a lot of savings to recoup on power. It wasn’t till later I read somewhere the 50w per square foot formula. So it’s still 50% more than that, but I want to introduce co2 aswell so they’ll hopefully put those extra watts to use.

3 Likes

Nice little setup. Looks like you did your homework. Cant wait to see these blow up.

Day 16 and flattened them out a bit. Was interesting to see how different the strains are to each other when tying them down. Some seem made for it while others I probably wasted my time, as the tops seem bunched up together so I just tied the whole plant down leaning on its side. I rushed it a bit too, so I may have another look in a couple of days when I have more time.

5 Likes

5 Likes

5 Likes

4 Likes

4 Likes

Might ditch the pots next time and just put the coco chip blend straight into the flood tray. Or possibly before flipping them this time. They look like they’ll be root bound pretty early in the cycle.