4’x4’ - 2x600w HID - First Grow

Thanks mate…I set lights to come on 9pm to 9am thinking heat from lights would be enough to not run a heater but humidity gets to 70%+ here at night at the moment so could have timed it better. I’ll have a look for one today

Refill reservoir - approximately 125 litres water, 500ml A 500ml B 750ml Bud Burst 250ml PK - EC 1.6 and pH 6.1.

2 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

5 Likes

Picked up a dehumidifier. Bit late for 2 of the heads as they stretched up and were touching the cool tube. Apart from that pretty happy with progress. Photos taken just before and just after lights out

2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

Well I’ve hit the first major hurdle/fuck up…blue lab truncheon I have is second hand. I didn’t check it against any calibration solution before starting to use it. I picked up a bottle of blue lab 2.77ec solution today and tested it. Stick reads 1.2-1.4ec. Reservoir reads 1.4-1.6. So the reservoir would have an ec of 2.8+. Odd bit is the plants arn’t showing signs over over fertilisation. The overkill on watts and supplemental co2 possibly may have helped the plants use more nutes than they otherwise would have. Nutrient manufacturer recommends no more than 2.2 but. I’ve just filled reservoir so I’m going to leave it as is, up duration of feeds to ensure a runoff then gradually reduce ec over the next week and stabilise it at a true1.4-1.6 for 2 weeks then down again till final flush before harvest. Anyone’s thoughts/opinions would be much appreciated!

1 Like

I’ve read through the posts about leaf conditions and causes but the leaves look healthy. Root tips on the pot I picked up a day or 2 ago had very slightly brownish tips but not enough to cause any alarm. Could these be symptoms of over fert? What other symptoms present with over fert?

Usually with over fertilizer you will either get a toxicity of a certain nutrient or you could end up with lockout.
Your plants do look healthy though so I wouldnt worry so hard just get the e.c lowered

1 Like

Starting to get a bit of burnt leaf edges on 2 or 3 of the plants but only a few leaves on each. I’m about to pump about 2 litres of fresh water into reservoir so that’s a start anyway. I’ll recheck tomorrow. Thanks mate. :+1:

1 Like

20 litres into reservoir not 2

Dehumidifier doing its job…1.5 litres of water drained in less than 24 hours out of a room that is only 270ft3

Nice canopy beautiful grow so far

1 Like

@Bignugz420 thanks mate, pretty happy so far.

1 Like

Tracking your progress- they look great. I was dealing with high humidity this week as well and needed to move my DH into the space. It’s draining to a floor drain, so I can’t tell how much liquid it removed but the RH went from 81% to 55%. What week of flower are we at?

1 Like