6 cabs in built in wardrobe, 500w LED, perpetual, coco DTW

Yeah, I’m switching to 1 flowering plant per large cab, and 1 plant per veg cab, on 5 week rotation. I still need to build a cloning/pre-veg area that I can keep growing for 5 weeks… haven’t decided what to use yet, been looking at bedside cabinets. Can’t take any more wardrobe space, we already don’t have enough room to store clothes, lol.

I’m out till tomorrow, later.

2 Likes

Does OG strip EXIF data off of image files automatically? If anyone knows how to check my files, I’d really appreciate it. Vaped a few bowls are got a little paranoid :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7 Likes

If I remember correctly they advertise removing the meta data from everything. Let me see if I can scrounge up that link.

5 Likes

:smirk: anybody remember this?:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/5121TWMT4QL.SX363_BO1,204,203,200.jpg

they used the top part of the bottle inverted as a media holder, iirc.

i have this on my bookshelf. :thumbsup:

:evergreen_tree:

8 Likes

Here you go. Says they do it. I always scrub myself before just in case.

3 Likes

Hi @DrDank,

EXIF information is automagically removed by the site. See the following for more information:

p.s. cool set-up!

4 Likes

haha, that is great! really well done and i will be watching for sure!

2 Likes

Welcome to OG, glad to have inspired you. Any questions feel free to tag me. I’m in for the show.
:movie_camera: :popcorn:

4 Likes

@TheJanitor : Thanks for the info, I managed to check the files myself and they’re clean, so all good.

3 Likes

No worries. That’s what I’m here for.

2 Likes

So about the cabs…

All cabs have the same length and width, 17.5" x 22.5", so 2.75sqft each. That gives me 5.5sqft for veg and 11sqft for flower. The flower cabs are all 30.5" tall and the veg cabs are both 15.5" tall. So that’s a total of 35cuft. I have an 4" S&P 160cfm inline fan that’s set on low (120cfm?) venting the cabs. The fan is in a box up in the roof and I also put a carbon filter in a box to make it “inline”. The exhausted air recycles back into the same room, into the other built in wardrobe.

The lighting is a mixed bag of Quantum boards and 560mm Bridgelux Gen1 EB strips. Both veg cabs have 4 x 3500K EB strips, running on Meanwell HLG-120H-C1050A drivers. The right veg cab is wired series/parallel for 24-48w and the left side is wired in series for 48-84w. I’m still experimenting, but last grow I was running about 40w in the veg cab (which I actually ended up flowering about 6-7 small plants in!).

The right middle cab is running the first light I bought from HLG, it’s 2 x QB304 3500K boards on a HLG-120H-C1400B wired in parallel, it can hit 165w but I ran it at 80w on the previous grow. Once I get stuff dialed in, I’m hoping to run 100w per flower cab for 36w/sqft.

The two bottom flower cabs are both running a single QB288 3500K. One is powered by a HLG-100H-54A and the other a HLG-150H-54B.

Finally, the left middle flower cab has 4 x 5700K EB strips running on a HLG120H-C1050A. I wanted to try flowering with the 5700K spectrum just to see for myself the difference between say 3500K and I have a few spare strips if a decide to swap them out for another spectrum.

You might notice I have some vertical lighting in the lower right cab. That was an experiment, I put one EB strip in each corner of the cab for supplemental lighting. I didn’t really like that setup, it kinda ate up some floor space because I couldn’t cram plants in the corners, so that idea has been scrapped and I’ve already removed a couple of strips to use elsewhere.

No doubt I could have saved some money on drivers by running more than one cab’s lights off of one driver, but that didn’t happen.

I have an 12000BTU reverse cycle inverter mini-split AC which I’m keeping set at 70F and the temperature in the cabs in about 77F. Humidity was a problem last grow, ended up with a little bud rot on one plant… told you I’d made every mistake possible, haha. So I bought a 30 pint dehumidifier and set it to 50%, problem solved. Currently I don’t have the dehumidifier running and it’s 70% RH in the cabs, great for veg, the plants are the healthiest I’ve ever had them looking.

Well, that’s about it on the cabs/light/enviroment… no pics today, sorry, reasons I won’t go into, but I’ll put plenty up tomorrow.

DrDank

11 Likes

Awesome… pulling up a chair. Love the work on the cab

1 Like

Thanks man. Still have a bit of work to do… gotta seal up the holes from the previous ducting on the right cab and install some light traps on every intake. Should have it totally finished next week. This project has dragged out way too long :smirk:

2 Likes

Excellent. I’m ready to see this thing run open throttle.

2 Likes

Man, finally a moment to sit down and check everything out and give a proper reply. I hope I can build that clean one day. For some reason when I build things they look rigged as hell. That setup looks straight pro.

Can’t wait to see you ripping through perpetual grows and keeping it OG style :slight_smile:

How’d you like your 5700k strips? I ordered 3500k but I think I got 4000k and couldn’t be happier with the mixup. Even strong sativas stay short and squat in my setup. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hey JP, thanks for stopping by, welcome… thanks for the props! I don’t really have the eye to pick the differences in the plants under the 5700K vs 3500K just yet, maybe when I have more experience. Some of the new plants from seed have very short internodal stem length, however, some of the others have much larger gaps between nodes. When I had the vertical lighting in the lower right cab, that really did keep the plants short and tight… I expected the Original Amnesia and Golden Tiger to be much lankier, but they were actually pretty compact.

1 Like

Now ya do brother :wink:

There will be a slight but probably noticeable difference in frost production from my experience in using 3500k screw in lamps vs 5000k screw in lamps. I assume the same will apply to your setup based on your listed CCT’s

The 5000k-6500k range will make your plants compact bushes. Frost a plenty however, the 2700k-3500k range will be stretchy long internodal distance and frost on parts you’d normally trim off when manicuring a harvest. Just my experience anyways.

I’ll be sticking around, can’t wait to see how you handle the challenges of a perpetual and manage your grow variables. I’ll be taking notes :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So about the plants… all Greenpoint Seeds genetics since they stood out over all others from the first round…

I have two clone/reveg Eagle Scouts… these are the two healthiest plants at the moment

Checkout the roots…

I have two clone/reveg Doc Holidays…

And I have these three clone/reveg that I’m pretty sure are all the same, but I’m not 100% sure what they are because of a labelling mmix up. I know they’re either Cookies n Chem, Copper Chem, Dreamcatcher, Purple Badlands, or Bodega Bubblegum… all I know is they have a very strong taste of bleach (lol) when vaping, and very potent. Maybe when I flower them out somebody will be able to tell what they are.

Then I have a Purple Mountain Majesty, TNT, Dynamite Diesel, and a Blizzard Bush seedling… not sure what’s wrong with the Blizzard Bush, it never recovered from being transplanted.

They’re starting to outgrow the cabs…

In the last few days they’ve all taken a turn for the worst… Doc Holiday and the unknown strain are the worst, but some of the seedlings also.

Currently all plants are on 4ml of Calimagic, 0.5g Epsom Salt (this brings me to 250ppm (0.5 scale), 4.5g Megacrop, 3 drops of PH UP (potassium hydroxide), RO water, brings me to 750ppm and then I add 0.4ml drip clean. PH comes out at 5.8 - 6.0. Does this sound like a reasonable mix for RO water, coco, and LEDs?

Some leaves have rust spots (calcium deficiency?) and some leaves are losing their color (magnesium deficiency?). Prior to seeing these problems they were on more Megacrop, 2ml Calimagic and 1g Epsom Salt, but they were getting a bit dark in color, so I lowered the Megacrop and increased the Calimagic. I guess I’ll give it a few days and see how they look?

So, the plan is to flower some of these out… not sure on the details, but I’ve got the next few days off work so I’ll keep ya updated!

4 Likes

Just got my Chickasaw Cooler seeds and can’t wait to get them going, but that will be after the Sky Warden ones going now.

1 Like

paint the bottoms of those 2 liters, the light will start to harden the roots and cause other issues… learned that from experience with transparent solo cups.

1 Like