7's Workshop of Weed

Your originality is so impressive! Thanks for sharing it with us.

1 Like

Been a busy week maintaining all my grows. Started off making some bubble hash from the trim of the last grow

Didn’t get a massive amount, but still pretty decent and is now drying. Does bubble hash ever dry enough to be like kief? i’ve never managed to get it that dry before.

Setting up rotation for my clones. Bottom shelf = new clones and top shelf are for rooted clones preparing to go under full light. Found that the top shelf was drying out the sponges really quick because of the heat from the lights under and figured it would be best to use that heat for rooted clones to adjust them before going to full light instead

Clones moved back to the bridgelux tent now I have a new timer for it

The main tent. Has 2 clones bottom left and right that I couldn’t move because they’ve stretched wayyy to much - almost the same height as the other plants!

Mother plant going strong. Planning on taking some more clones this week.

Got round to weighing all my mushrooms… 9 ounces!!! I’m struggling to get rid of them :joy:

12 Likes

Those mush look nice! my jars have a layer of coco and oats on the bottom. Send them to someone in need!

I forgot if you had a Martha setup or just wire rack but I was thinking of building one with strip leds. I’d also like to use it for clones also due to the high humidity environment.

Question is are the strips to powerful for the mushrooms and would having clones with the mush make for more contaminants on my subs?

Thanks

1 Like

hmm its a good question. From what I understand, mushrooms don’t need much light, the LED im using is just a smart LED bulb I got off a friend, so probably like 20w, and i’m using 2x 18w tube LEDs for my clones, so I reckon it’d work.

I dont have a typical ‘martha’ set up where I leave the lids off because my small tent doesnt hold the humidity so I keep the lids on my box. I dont think you’d get contam issues, if you keep the tubs covered while they colonise the coco, they become pretty contam resistant, then thats when you put into fruiting conditions by removing the lid and allowing for FAE.

I check the boxes every day by taking them out of the tent and opening the lid also and have yet to experience a contam.

I originally tried LED strips, but they were such a pain to set up, cut, put together using angle joiners, that I just gave up on them all together and just use this one light clipped above the tent.

This is my setup #172

3 Likes

With it just sitting in a pile in a dry area no but it you lay it out into a bigger area quite thin and break it and mix it everyday or more you can get your bubble very dry and powdered like kief. When you are making larger amounts or can justify it, I have used freeze drying and vacuum purging of moisture both with very good results. Moisture is no bueno for storage and also diluting your extraction when it is present. Hope this help 7, everything is looking good!

2 Likes

I’ve been around less and less the last few weeks, a lot of stuff has been piling up and got a bit hectic.

Been working on the cloning which is starting to go well now I think i’ve nailed the process and got it into a nice cycle.

The mother plant still going strong. Waiting on some plastic plug trays to take new clones. The biodegradable ones im using are great, but they start to biodegrade and grow mold, plus they absorb the moisture out of the plugs. Been very hard finding trays that fit these sponges and under my tubs so may have to just cut one to size.

The cloning bay with direction arrow. Clones start bottom right then get promoted to the bottom left. Clones from the bottom left are promoted to top left when they start to root. Then from there they move along based on new growth of fan leaves and roots. Then from there they get upgrade to the sog tent

An intruder! I decided to use straight coco for the first transfer from the plug because my coco+perlite has been used so many times before I dont want to risk any previous salts and roots from interfering with growth.

The sog tent. The left 4 were some of the earlier clones that have ended up stretching a little too much (they started in the big tent which is why I have 2 in the big tent - they got too big for the sog tent :laughing:). They are all clones of A and C (the two mothers that i’m now flowering).

All of the right 8 are cuttings from B and a couple from C. Perfect sizes :ok_hand:

The main tent. I think they have stopped stretching :crossed_fingers: I had to keep tucking and supercropping to keep them from stretching too much

My very first clone that rooted. Starting to bud very nicely

11 Likes

Excellent work as always 7! I hope things slow to a manageable roll here in the coming times ahead so that we can all continue to share this journey with you. Super stoked that your cloning program is feeling more established. Keep up the good work :man_farmer:

2 Likes

Hey 7 figured id shoot you an update as im harvesting the some shrooms today, i bulked out half the grain with coco and half the grain with vermiculite. The coco is running way slower than the vermiculite seeing as the coco is pinning and the vermiculite is being harvested! I got a ton of pins overall though so im well impressed with these but some do look a little fucked up with non rounded stems and double stems to a cap or just plain old deformed… Anyway! Haha im looking foreward to a nibble then a bbq later today to see what they’re like. I need a bigger and deeper tub because im certain the proportions of the cake helps with consistency and size but im still learning. looking like im going to pull ozs per flush anyway so who cares hahaha anyway hope you are good.

2 Likes

Awesome! Hope you got enough for a decent trip. MSS always seem to produce less than ideal canopy’s due to the nature of the competing genetics.

How did you prepare your bulk? When I do mine, I mix 650g of coco with 4L of boiling water, and add 2L of vermiculite in and mix it all together. Then I mix in a 1:1 of spawn to sub and that works well, no idea about straight coco or straight verm but glad it still worked out for you. I still reminisce about my first tiny ass shrooms :laughing:

2 Likes

I stuck both in the oven at 180 with my dinner then rehydrated with plain phed water that i have for my plants.i then mixed 1-1 volume aswell spawn to substrate. If its anywhere near as strong as the gt’s i have more than enough for several trips to the moon and back im sure. If i remember an am capable ill let you know tonight if i grew wings.

10 Likes

nice!! If you havent used them already, definitely take one of the biggens and cut a small piece out from the middle of the stem and put onto the agar. Then from there you can isolate and you’ll get bigger fruits and more even canopy.

I’ve recently poured about 40 LME dishes that I intend to sell, maybe.

3 Likes

Nice,I got to get on that but I’m dealing with work and plants as my box is about to overflow, I’m feeling those shrooms for sure mate … I’m off to see the wizard about some dinner

2 Likes

Discovered half of the diodes on my super old mars hydro 300w light I was using to veg my mother plant had died, and I began thinking about my long term plan and decided that I have enough clones for now to fill my bridgelux tent, and I have the 2 biggens flowering in my main tent, so that’ll do for now. I cant really fit any more clones, and I still have 5 or so propagating!

I have achieved sog

Insert joke about ‘how did i do with trimming guys?’

Huge stump. My husky loves eating the stalks

Flowers starting to look nice in the main tent. Very nice early smell - not quite lemony but still sweet/fruity.

14 Likes

Update on the mushroom journey

Testing out a new isolation as the first one was a low yeilder and slow grower. The next one, was the III series. All of these were taken from the last multiculture tub I did here which contained the I, III, V, VI series of transfers.

When I look back and remember that all this came from this tiny tissue sample. crazy!

Update on the canna journey

Sog tent still looking good. Left side is mid-late flower, right side is early-mid flower.

Look at this lil cutie.

You can definitely see the differences in the clones and which ones they originally came from

The smaller ones are from plant B and the bigger ones from A/C. Although within the B there are differences in height - mainly I assume - due to the original cutting location/feeding schedule.

Main tent starting to fatten up.

They are starting to smell now as well. Very nice smell. Not quite lemony, but definitely quite sweet and fruity.

The main tent is on around 35 days of flower, to be honest i’ve stopped counting because the clones all went into flower at different times. Now i’ve simplified by waterings into 2 mixtures. They are so very thirsty as well,im currently mixing 15l of mid-late bloom mix every 2 days, and 10l of early bloom mix every 3 or so days.

my mid-late bloom mix: canna A&B@3.5ml/l, vitalink calmag@2ml/l, seasol@2ml/l, canna pk13/14@1ml/l with EC around 2.8-3.2

my early-mid bloom mix: canna A&B@2.5ml/l, vitalink calmag@2ml/l, seasol@2ml/l, Liquid silcon@1.5ml/l (because the clones are straight to flower) with EC around 2.1-2.7

11 Likes

Small win for me today. I convinced my mum to try microdosing mushrooms. Was quite an easy sell actually, having only mentioned mushrooms a couple of times before. They laughed when I told them of my wonderful trip I had with the “party pills” (600mg capsules). One day i’ll convince my dad to try it. He’s quite a stiff.

6 Likes

7th - 15th I series “mutant shrooms”

7th - 15th III series. from spawn to pins in almost half the amount of time as the I series

9 Likes

The T H I C C clone

Plant A. Shame, its been really hot where I am and this plant has started to foxtail in the heat. Its not too bad, but you can see the lack of density compared to the next plant

Plant C. Very nice, dense buds. All of them smell fantastic. So fragrant, definitely one of the strongest i’ve grown. Not sure i’d say its Lemon, though.

Hoping to harvest and dry by the end of September

8 Likes

Nice canopy from the III. Definitely outperformed the I tub so i’ve dumped all my agar dishes for that series. I have the V series in jars but had to toss 2 of them because they were showing weird growth I didnt like the look of.

Weird little dots but only in 2 of the jars

Couldnt get these out individually so had to butcher the sub to pull them out

Trim off the coco and into the deydrator!

12 Likes

Been a really long and stressful grow, but we’re at the final stretch now. It was a great learning experience, but holy shit I’m not going to be doing this again until I at least have a bigger dedicated grow space, and way more free time… And definitely not satvias…

1 meter 10 in a TINY pot. decided to chop 2 of them as they were literally falling over themselves

The next ones to be chopped soon. Not as tall, but still quite tall, and THICK buds. the thickest buds i’ve ever grown

Milky but no amber yet

After this grow, im probably not going to start a new one for a while, and when /if I do, it’ll be a small grow. I may even retire the 2 other tents and just focus on one or two plants in the big tent - maybe even with 60 day veg rather than the usual 30. we’ll see, I still have like 10 ounces left over from my last grow

10 Likes
3 Likes