7's Workshop of Weed

One of the first clones I took, still going (lots of white hairs). The FATTEST bud I have EVER grown. its actually insane.

The main tent. Will chop these tomorrow to dry. Left plant foxtailed a ton, but still all-round looks good. Right plant looks ace

Chanced it with buying an APE syringe from Ebay. APEs are very very hard to acquire as they don’t typically drop much spores - if at all. This is a liquid culture syringe I have all-but emptied into 6 agar dishes in the hopes of getting some mycelium. I thought spores were like cannabis seeds - ok to own as long as you dont germinate them, but apparently liquid cultures are perfectly legal too! (At least in the UK) Fingers crossed they end up being legit.

6 Likes

:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:
Yeah those liquid syringes are what I’ve always seen to order here in the past. Never had an issue getting them to germ, only issues with keeping things sterile. Perfectly legal to own and buy, but in the US it’s manslaughter charges if you germinate them. Hence I’m staying away for now :rofl:

1 Like

Yeah it’s actually ridiculous that its treated the same as the likes of heroin… I honestly believe that mushrooms have the power to change the world, even more so than cannabis

3 Likes

Oh yeah they do! I also think it’s ridiculous. Least some places are starting to get with the times and decriminalize it. I like to have at least one vision quest a year or so and I’m going on two years since the last one :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

If you were in the UK i’d totally send you some

1 Like

:boom: we have mycelium! stage 1 complete

8 Likes

Takeaway Tub Tek - doing a little experiment with take away tubs with a couple jars I still have going

APE dishes are goiing strong. 3rd pic at 12o’clock will be transferred and the rest of the dishes when they are colonised will be used to inoculate some grain. Really good growth, and no signs of contamination. 16gbp well spent!!

6 Likes

Mmmm i had a chinese take-away for the first time this year… A curry would have been better as i forgot how sweet it is.

3 Likes

miss a nice curry takeaway :sob:

3 Likes

Every harvest from those take-away tubs is a refill from the curry house :laughing:

4 Likes

11 Likes

Main 2 plants chopped and hanged on the 4th. Busted out the dehumidifier and set to 60% for the dry. Taken out and let to rest on 11th and then trimmed and jarred today. Took about 3 hours to trim, an hour to cut off stems, and about half hour to jar.

Filled up 11 mason jars and 2 big cookie jars. Will weigh them another time

Trim bin!

The difference in colour from the last grow Galet OG (left, harvested in May so 4 months) and the fresh Lemonchello Haze (right).

13 Likes

To trim all that!? Did a machine do it? :rofl: I need to up my trim game apparently :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

naw i just do a half job because I dont aim to get it perfect - there’s still crystals on the sugar leaves. Plus its much easier to dry trim as they practically break off themselves.

I always do a pre-dry trim by removing fan leaves and some of the larger sugar leaves by pulling them off by the stem. not 100% sure until I weigh it all, but I reckon is around 300-400g

4 Likes

Ah ok, hard to tell from the pics but they look pretty trimmed. Can’t beat that time though, half a day to process the whole grow is a win in my book. And yeah, I use those jars too, can usually fit anywhere from 24-44 grams depending on density, so i’d say your estimate is pretty accurate :wink: :+1:

4 Likes

had to measure in batches. 875g so far (still have 5 or so to harvest/dry/trim)

The Monster Nug

11 Likes

Epic 5.0

So once again, Im upgrading and changing my setup. Although my attempt at pheno hunting went pretty well, it was just wayy too much effort and took way too much of my time I decided to scale my entire setup back. I harvested something like 800g of bud in my last grow like 9 months ago and I still have like 10 ounces of bud left. I’ve just harvested my pheno hunt grow after flowering 2 of the candidate mothers, and about 20 clones from my chosen mother, I harvested 875g, and I still have 6 plants to cut!

I’ve decided to scale back my grow to just my main tent, and grow 2 plants vegged 60 days with a scrog, but also upgrade my lights.

My trusty Cree CXB3590s have lasted me a good 3 years or so. Well and truly paid for itself (think I paid about 870gbp for the parts back in 2017). They’ve gone through many different configurations and builds, but I think it’s time to retire them - or atleast put them into storage for the time being).

I really liked these Bridgelux EB2s that I built for the sog tent, they provided much more cover, ran cooler, and used about the same amount of power as the COBs. With help from @Mr.Sparkle he advised me that I could run 9 strips in parallel for a total of 18 with each of the drivers I’m currently using for the COBs. So I designed a new setup

The test

So I got to work! This time is the time I do shit properly and not half ass it

Measure each cut and go s l o w

Clamp each cut TIGHT and drill through both pieces at once. Use a set-square to keep it 90deg

The frame made! Excuse the mess, I’m restructuring the insides of the shed while I do this

Went for a walk with the dogs. Back was killing me. Found a patch of Amanita Muscaria! Not for me, but cool.

Lining up the strips. This is where the REAL pain starts. Marking and drilling must have taken me like 2 hours to do. Used my step-bit for this, and did a trick @Tejas suggested by using a nail to make the initial dent for the bit. Worked well at the start but by the end I was getting a few of them wrong, but I think that’s more down to the frame not being PERFECTLY straight, and probably the fact the step bit was dulling out.

DONE. I used long screws ad the sides facing inwards so I can rest them on the floor like @TerpSneeze suggested and it works PERFECTLY

Brought it in so I could watch some stuff whilst wiring it. Equally measured and cut wires, colour coded for each series. My fingers are KILLING me. Those connectors are so frustrating to use. Will wire the other sides as suggested by @Mr.Sparkle so flow is equal and it doesnt get too hot on one side once my fingers stop hurting.

Unwired the potentiometers. Dont think these strips are dimmable, couldnt see anything in the spec sheet, so ill just ditch them. Epic 5.0.0.

50k lux at 12 inches. Dont know why I did 12 inches, last time I did 50cm. Will re-measure and update another time. I know lux isnt the best measurement for light for plants, but its the only meter I got.

The next grow. Skunk Haze CBD. Starting with 3, will finish with 2.

With the new drivers, no flicker! Was getting awful flickering when taking photos with the mars hydro drivers I was using before.

264w, more than the COBs, but not by much.

So total cost for the build:

• Strips x20 = 88.32
  • Strips x16 = 70.08
  • Aluminium x4 = 36.28

total: 194.68gbp Absolute fantastic value for money

Nuts/bolts/wire/drivers I already owned.

I’ve built 1 light, but I have 2 drivers. So the plan is to build the second light when I need it in a month or so when the plants are more mature. Cant wait! :grimacing:

13 Likes

The first fruits from the Takeaway Tub Tek. These were fruited in a tub with FAE holes on the side

These containers (2 in each tub) are in a tub with no holes.

13 Likes

strips are dimmable but that’s more in relation to what your driver is doing and how, typically the dimming just lowers the current that the circuit will see

6 Likes

Oh interesting, might have to plug em back in and have a test. Would be great if that works, I like to optimise energy usage in the early stages of growth

1 Like