7's Workshop of Weed

double chonk

9 Likes

Postmortem of the berries and cheese. Dem roots!! I usually breakdown the rootball to reclaim some coco but this particular one was so packed I wasnt getting much back out

The 'ol coco tub

5 Likes

Plants moved to main tent under the bridgelux light (temporarily until the side tent which is being used to dry the berries and cheese is done). Likely to transplant into fabric pots and topped by this weekend, at this rate

4 Likes

Berries and cheese post-cut pre-dry

10 Likes

I am at that point myself, I am tired of having to keep buying more mason jars, now anything with a screw on lid gets used, and with what I have just harvested, I think I am going to have to use the big folgers coffee tubs I get from costco. Not ideal but needs must when the devil drives lol.

3 Likes

I use a bucket for mixing my nutes, but before I started using it, it was a super clean bucket with a really good seal lid. I’ve often thought about trying to buy another one to store weed in bulk in side, but i dont know how well it would cure like that, probably not very well. Makes more sense to use it as storage and try rotate the mason jars for curing

3 Likes

You should be OK, throw a couple big Bovedas in there and ‘Bob’s your uncle’!
I’m down to my last flat of brown mason jars (love the browns).
Now I’m considering a vacuum sealer and freezing for long term storage.

Cheers
G

3 Likes

5 Likes

:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

That looks like a fun day or two waiting to happen. Just picked I take it? I always like eating them fresh with some ranch dressing. Tastes great :rofl:

Yep just picked. Have a lot of hyphal knots so hopefully will get a more even flush in a few days, this fella was a lone grower

2 Likes

Man 7 your workshop is a wonderland!! Definitely my new favorite thread, have my work cut out for me to catchup with all your info!! Thank you for recording your grow data so thoroughly!! Keep doing what you do!

4 Likes

Thanks! I try and post info that I struggle to find normally in the hopes that others with the same issue can find a solution

4 Likes

Man, putting me to shame with my tiny mushroom grow but this is a heck of a read. I have much to learn im sure.
Ps. Hope you found more containers for your bud

1 Like

Ha, not with lots of failure, you only really see the success here. Took me a long time to get it right, my first harvests only yielded about 6g (dry) which I gave most away to my friends. My second attempt was a complete failure and all my jars were contaminated so that set me back about 2 1/2 months whilst I tried to cultivate some myc from tissue because cylocybe was shut and I couldnt buy any more syringes :joy:

I have some rye grain almost done colonising and this is the farthest i’ve gotten with that, so far all my grows have been using BRF -> bulk tek so i’ve got a ton more reading I need to do!

its all fun and part of the learning process, though.

6 Likes

Yeah i actually ordered from them too, got the myco pots this year after my failures with rye (still got a bag left of it) , ill probably go back to the bags from etsy as thats cheapest and simplest without having to sterilise things myself. I got quite a few mates locally that are interested but from the looks of it i may not even get 10g dried per cake with these. Nice and easy to use pots though.

3 Likes

Nice, good luck! Hopefully I might be able to do a spore run on here with spores I get from my upcoming harvest, that’d be cool.

1 Like

That could be really cool to try. I was considering making my own prints from these i have fruiting.

The tester i popped out and cased is looking nice if i might say so myself. But i do like the tight spacing on the bottom one.

6 Likes

You got nothing to lose by trying! I was skeptical with my prints but that chonk you see above was from one of those syringes I made, and I didnt particularly try to be “as sterile as possible”. Literally just put caps on some foil shiny side down, cut stem from cap and put on foil, then put a jar or cup over and leave for 24 hrs, remove cap and jar and fold the foil in on itself twice, put in a baggy and you’re golden. Bonus points for spraying the table/foil with alc when placing them, and doing it all in a SAB, and cutting the stem with sterile (or alc wiped) scalpel - those will all help with sterility but I didnt do it except just alc spraying down my hands/foil.

Then to make the syringe, I bought some sterile h2o off amazon, but bottled water is probably OK. Open foil in a SAB, scrape the spores into a shot glass or dish, pull up some CCs of sterile water in a syringe and squirt onto the spores, then suck back up - repeat a couple times.

Or if you start getting into agar work, you could just put the spores directly onto agar (by scraping them onto the agar), or pull some up with a sterile cotton swab and rub on the agar

4 Likes

Would boiled water from a dehumidifier work? I’m not sure on how sterile the water is from bottles to be honest. Or the process they use. Might be up for a swap?

1 Like

Im not sure, possibly? Only one way to find out! You could always try collecting the steam from the boiled water

Possibly in the future, right now I have so many agar dishes that half of them are in cold storage :joy:

1 Like