808 genetics- Corn. It officially begins

Ahhh I’ve been occupied trying to get my seeds out of the CripXmas pheno’s and testing the smoke, so I’ve been letting Corn sit for a bit. So last night before I jumped on God of War : Ragnarok I decided to roll Corn for my play time. It really HITS and I akin this to PINE SOL, I say this because lemon is nuanced and not overly done. Enough for my taste, has that gas note of Crippy. Potency is there, quite heady and spacey yet clear and focused. Lasted quite awhile, cause I put half out and forgot about it for 2 hrs. Definitely had some rush moments.

I get the impression Corn has parental linage but Tampa Crippy IS the parental origins. I say this because I’ve read and know there’s 0 limonene. Obviously a worked version of the line. So I’d say this is the one for pine-sol seekers and a strong heady high.

The plant does have this droop to its leaves. I never saw raised or “praying” so it can be confusing signals to water. I will also say slight prone deficiency to potassium/lock out. Has grown to be the tallest so it’s been moved out in a holding spot until I figure out what’s next, repotting and final flower since I already have seed, hold until the spring time or hack tops off and make more cuts to get the aero cloner rooting again (slime gone, but rooting still not fully recovered)

Score

Appearance 8
Odor 8
Flavor 8
Potency 8
Density/yield 7
Ease of growing/problematic 6

You can see how the leaves show the potassium

There’s is still 2 B’s which are far shorter growing

Started flip last Friday, so we’re off in round 2

6 Likes

as far as lineage goes nl1

That’s nice and all, but YOUR first post in my thread and you expect credibility ? Sorry, doesn’t work like that around here. Establish yourself in the community, then you’ll have credibility to post what you say is the linage.

2 Likes

Week 2

Was actually week 2 on Sat, but I’ve been so occupied I haven’t had time

I wanted the one on the left to grow like the right, but didn’t quite happen like I wanted :crazy_face:

3 Likes

ok so your community doesn’t believe in facts?..people who post verifiable facts are credible. should i have posted non facts. why does someone that post facts be chastised as not being credible ? help me out here…this is not a personal issue so why make it one… you seem hostile. and what community are you talking about? and are you the spokes man for every one? just asking so next time i post i wont offend someone with facts i mean evidence based facts…not personal opinion and i think and feel…please let me know i want to learn

LoL go to introduce yourself thread and show the community how you grow…this is your first post. There are trolls about what 808 has and controversy. I did this to prove if the plant is real, and it’s definitely related. I’ve long felt NL IS connected to Crippy. That was my gut hunch on the first true leaf opening of the seed on Tampa Crippy pheno A. I’m tried of detractors trying to stir the pot, so please don’t!

Follow the rules and begin here please. You can even read my intro. Find out WHO I’ve been in the cannabis
community

If you don’t want to do it like everyone else that’s a member of OG, I can flag your post for the troll sweepers to come…

3 Likes

I feel like the white rabbit… :alarm_clock:

Anyway here we are week 3

I’ve defoliated around and underneath 1/2 so there’s less shading of sites.

This pheno didn’t stretch like the last, so I like that’s its staying compact in nodes. I know it’s going to be at least 9 weeks, so only getting started.

3 Likes

Cool thread! So the 808 Corn is similar to Tampa Crippy?

2 Likes

Yes, there is definitely an interrelationship there.

1 Like

Ok so, today I wanted to put Corn against CripXmas A

DESTROYED! That simple, sure Corn has a Pine Mellow Yellow combo, actually quite smooth, but it doesn’t HIT PINE ICE and a slight incense with ferocity and make the body shake like CripXmas does. Eye popping flavor bomb is what CripXmas is. Corn is mellow :crazy_face: in potency compared to CripXmas. No where near the hang mouth open like a mind turning into a vegetable kind of feeling. Last night felt like a drinking a case of beer and inevitable pass out on CripXmas B.

3 Likes

Just about 7 week in and now I have something to show… the last 3 have been a slow crawl, however B may be frostier and seems to have gas moss soaked pine odor. Maybe this one will be the better plant of the two :thinking: We’ll see, I know C gets left alone when I go to the jars. Anyway enjoy the sights

5 Likes

Looking good!

1 Like

Do you think you could do good selection on the corn to eventually make something more potent? Or at least more satisfying

1 Like

Yes, that’s possible w CripXmas as it ‘feels’ double the potency of everything else. Before finding the 2, I’d be unsure…

1 Like

So my crippy dealer knew the og grower and ive heard many whispers of northernlights being in crippy thats actually the first strain i heard in relation to crippy and this was back in like 2009 ish

1 Like

So here is 64 days roughly. It’s packed on the bulk during the last 2 weeks. For awhile it had a pungent mossy pine gas maybe some lemon smell, now unlike the other plant it’s mellowed a bit to just mossy pine, fainter lemon. Just might be the better blend. Anyway I think this is just about ready to chop. So really I can only say for now it’s a shorter version, blended mellow odors, and better gland coverage. After it’s dry I’ll post the weigh in and do a comparison report of how B varies to the C

!

4 Likes

Thats really nice short trich stalks and fat heads… This excites me

1 Like

Corn B weigh in

Average 40 g per

3 Likes

Slight floral odor, mixed pine and gas. Very dense breaking up. At first there’s a bit of floral aftertaste, but not like the PTK where I want to stop and put it out. 1/4 the way through it changes over, to pine and gas along w hitting hard and strong. Potency is strong. Intense stoney feeling in the head, slight palpitations and breathless. Safe to say it’s not weak after smoking the entire roll. The terp tasted initially is what differs. C had lemon and B is floral. I prefer the floral since it’s lighter than lemon, and seems to blend in better as I get into it, which is the familiar part of the Crip experience.

This one could definitely be worked and I’ve got an idea, which is already in motion. My mystery sativa is Maui Wowie and early sample revealed a fruity/spice w minty aftertaste. The male is beginning to flower after stalling for 12 weeks, so I’m doing collection and I have 2 Corns I had no room for, that are now in the first week. So will live pollinate between 3rd and 4th week. I’m thinking of donating a portion of the beans for an OG fundraiser and test run terpenes for CripXmas. The male these beans will come from is the largest I’ve grown ever. It screams tropical sun god plant. I’ve stripped it down from what you see now for pollen to freely drop and that is my foot holding it up to keep it from falling over…

7 Likes

Exciting turn in the project! Excited to see the results

1 Like